Not eating pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargazerLily

Reaction score
I have been slowly weaning Orion over to the timothy pellets from oxbow (Bunny T basics), and over the last few days I've noticed that he isn't eating the pellets as well as he used to. He will eat them sometimes, or will eat the majority, but not all. Should I cut back on the amount of veggies he gets, decrease the amount of pellets or not really worry? He gets around 1 1/2 cups veggies (maybe a little more, they aren't packed cups, but he gets about a pint bowl full, not packed down), and 1/4 c pellets (less than what his old owner fed him of the kaytee fiesta blend), plus all the hay he wants. He is acting fine and gets super excited when I give him his veggies every day.

I wouldnt worry as long as he has unlimited hay and he's eating that and the veggies. As long as he's eating other things and his poop (and behavior) is normal he should be fine. Some bunnies just dont eat as many pellets when they have access to lots of yummy veggies ;)

I think it was harder switching my buns from an alfalfa based feed to a timothy one.

Eventually they all accepted the timothy pellets and eat them all. *** the "empty bowl gang". ***

I think the alfalfa must have a sweeter/richer flavor that they prefer. I still sprinkle a bit of alfalfa pellets in for a treat.

~Jim

Back