Not eating new food.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hero

Reaction score
Some time ago before my new job I ran into some financial issues, and all of my pets got a downgrade in food. I wasn't happy about it, but I at the time I could barely afford to feed myself. Riza and Shino where previously eating Timthy Formula by living world, with the occasional extrusion pellets as a treat. When I was having issues I switched them to the Truly brand from Walmart. I hated this brand because i knew it was not nearly as healthy for them as others.

Well my financial issues where corrected I decided it was time to get them on better food (especially considering Riza's recent weight gain). I've heard so much about Oxbow I decided I would give it a try. I gradually switched the food and yesterday was their first day without any of the truly brand mixed with the food.

When i woke up this morning there was still food in the bowls. This is not unusual considering i always feed them before i go to bed, and I went a bit late last night. But when I got home from work, the food was still in there. THIS is unusual. They are still eating, I bought some extrusion pellets for training purposes and while they loved them the didn't seem starved.

Do they not like the food? What else could be the problem?

Latest posts

Back