Not eating/diarrhea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose_414

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

The weather has been much hotter than usual (approx28-30degrees centigrade) for the last few weeks.

Last night my rabbit’s heart started beating really fast. She would constantly lie down then stand back up again (seemed uncomfortable). She wouldn’t eat anything- not even a treat (that is very unusual). She felt a little cold and lifeless.

Woke up at 4.30 am and there was diahorrea in her cage. At this point she seemed livelier and then ate a treat.

She’s eaten some pellets this morning and is drinking. Poos seem a little smaller than usual. She doesn’t seem quite herself but a fast improvement from before.

She still seems to be lying abit but I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid. Any ideas what was wrong? It was so random.

Hi everyone.

The weather has been much hotter than usual (approx28-30degrees centigrade) for the last few weeks.

Last night my rabbit’s heart started beating really fast. She would constantly lie down then stand back up again (seemed uncomfortable). She wouldn’t eat anything- not even a treat (that is very unusual). She felt a little cold and lifeless.

Woke up at 4.30 am and there was diahorrea in her cage. At this point she seemed livelier and then ate a treat.

She’s eaten some pellets this morning and is drinking. Poos seem a little smaller than usual. She doesn’t seem quite herself but a fast improvement from before.

She still seems to be lying abit but I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid. Any ideas what was wrong? It was so random.
Does she eat hay? Is she an inside rabbit? If she doesn't go back to eating/drinking normally then it is crucial that she is taken to a rabbit-savvy vet.

Yes she lives indoors and eats hay- not as much as normal

If she is continuing to have watery or pudding like diarrhea, get her to a rabbit savvy vet immediately.

If it was mushy poop and it's cleared up, it sounds like she may have had an upset stomach. If she is back to behaving and eating normally, it could have just been a minor upset that has passed.

If she is continuing to have lethargy, decreased body temp, and lack of appetite, I would get her to a rabbit savvy vet right away, as she could have something like coccidiosis or enterotoxemia.

Back