not eating cecotypes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a new holland lop that I have only had ashort time, and I have noticed the same thing. I never haveseen them in my Netherland dwarfs litter pans so I assume they must beeating them, but with my lop I see them all the time, so I am wonderingwhats up also? Should I be concerned?

I've never seen any of my 3 rabbits eatingthem... I'm going to assume they do, I'm not awake 24 hours so theyprobably do it late at night or something.

Unless the rabbit is ill or overweight, it isprobably eating it's cecotropes. Theynormallyonly do it in the late evenings or earlymornings, so you may never "catch them in the act".

Pam

She may be eating them when you're notaround. In the four years I've had bunnies, I've onlywitnessed Angel once eating hers.

I was under the impression that the bunny eatsthem right as they are eliminated from the body..... I think I saw oneof my bunnies eating theirs, but it seemed hard to know for surebecause it looked almost like the bunny was just cleaning it's littlebottom.

Annie

My Holland Lop leaves a lot of those layingaround, too. I'm tired of cleaning up the little bunches ofpoopy grapes! I've NEVER seen them with my MiniLop. I've read that Hollands aren't too bright. Ihope she KNOWS she's supposed to be eating them. She's kindof dirty, too. She doesn't spend enough timegrooming. My Mini Lop is always having to cleanher. I used to think it was her personality, but maybe it'sjust the breed?

Laura

Latest posts

Back