Not Chewing Wood/ Dental Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookieKing

Reaction score
Mitsuki doesn't seems to be too interested in chewing on her wood and has a small dental problem, one of her teeth on the bottom is a little higher then all the rest that are in good condition. I was wondering how to get her into chewing on her wood or if there is anything else I can give her to help her tooth problem before a vet needs to step in?

My rabbit isn't a chewer either. Some rabbits don't like to chew. If it's a front tooth, more than likely the doc will have to trim it if she doesn't like to chew. My bunny just likes picking things up and throwing them. :biggrin2:It doesn't cost much to trim front teeth. The doc charged me like $7 last time.

We have 14. Some chew wood and some don't. They all like cardboard boxes and paper tubes. they love to shred and chew newspaper too--especially if I am reading it. You may have to go to the vet--spurs on the molars will cause them to use their chewing ability less, thus causing growth issues. We have one with bad alignment and he goes in every two months.

if it's one of the molars then hay should help. Thats whats going on with my bunny right now. her molars are sharp going-slanting toward her tongue. She has to go in to have her molars filed down next week but he said her eating hay doing the grinding motion would help.

She wasn't eating alot of hay before cause she only wanted her veggies and fruit. So I cut way back on the veggies(once a day)and she's finally eating alot more hay. And I put her on a really good pellet. But Sassy never has chewed on things. I've given her wood toys, boxes, Tp-Pt rolls and she never has chewed. So I have to leave it to the hay to do the work.

:apollo:April

Back