Not acting right---very sick bunny (Resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry not to update sooner but we had a strom and lost power last night.

Logan peed and pooped(small, hard, had some hair in it-about 45 fecal balls) overnight.

He is alert, responsive and posturing normally. He can see fine and his eyes look normal.(I think it was a reaction/side effect from the buprenex--maybe causing him to act somewhat "drunk") He inhaled the romaine lettuce, cilantro and parsley I gave him this morning. I put hay in front of him and he actually ate some of that too. I have decided not to take him in just yet. The car ride would be over an hour round trip and since he seems to be doing better I did not want to risk stressing him out.

I can take him in anytime, so if anything changes he will see a vet.

That's good to hear. I hope he continues to move whatever it was that was bugging his GI through. The buprenex can have that effect, but I got the idea from your earlier posts that he was "out of it" before you gave buprenex?

I am most happy to hear things seem to be improving and we will continue to send you out our good vibes all heals well and life returns to normal...

Love,
Us here at the insane asylum....sigh...lol

Fynnagin wrote:
He was "out of it" before the Buprenex, but I think he was in so much pain that made him be like that.

That also makes sense. It is also possible he was very dehydrated and not feeling well which made him act that way. In any case, I hope he continues to improve! I think hydration will be key in his recovery.

I am very happy to report that Logan is doing very well!!!

He is eating vegetables and hay. He is drinking water both from his bowl and from his bottle.

He is urinating well. He is pooping decently considering what he has been through, they are still very small and dark but they are getting bigger and lighter every time he goes.

He has not had any pain meds, fluids or simethicone since yesterday early afternoon.

Thanks to alll the well wishers and an extra special thanks to Randy for all the help!!!!!

(If a Mod wants to add resolved to the topic title that would be great)

Back