not a good out of cage time tonight.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
I made makeshift pen tonight, it wasactually more like a big area closed off in my living room and I satwith him and brought his toys out and water and the coke box out therewith him.

He started sniffing everything and hoping around, looking, sniffing, all around.
The cats came and sniffed but never came into the area. They are soscared of this little bunny, it's hilarious. They sniffed each otherand then he kept hoping around.

After probably about 20 minutes, he hopped over the fence and RAN back to my DD room where his cage is.

He thumped his foot before jumping the fence..is that my sign or ok i'm done? I've had enough?

Maybe he was rooting for the other hockey team that was losing? ;)

Did I keep him out too long? Too much too soon?

haha, sounds like he was just being a littlestinker. They stomp their foot when they are mad or scared ofsomething. He may be been frightened by the cats lurking. I know mybunnies are terrified of my parents cats.

Maybe give him some run time in a room where they cant see him? Or putthem away when he's out for now? He will get used to themwith time, but maybe it was too much all at once?

That's what I'll do. He really didn'tseem bothered by them and they were scardy cats. if he moved, theybacked up. Silly cats.
That's what I'll do but yeah he was a stinker...he just hoped and ran. lol

Can you give him run time where he'll be able toget back into his cage? Mine are uncomfortable when theycan't get back to their normal safe space. Especially withthe scarey cats, he may not have felt safe without his cage nearby.

What's a DD room? Anything like D&D?

My Pebbleoften thumps her foot when mycat is around - she hates him - but isn't afraid of him, more like hergetting ready to attack!!:shock::rofl:

Don't think it's too much to worry about.:)

yeah dd= dear daughter.

I can give him run time where he can get back in his cage. We'll do that instead and see how that goes.

Yeah when I give my bunny out of cage time, Ialways give her easy access ot her cage. I do it more so she can usethe litterbox, than anything else. She will go in there when someonecomes home, or she gets scared.

~Star~

Tonight went so much better. I shooed the catsout and let him out and he explored the room and then me. I got to pethim a little bit. It went real well. He didn't want to go back in.

Latest posts

Back