Not a good few days!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerigirl

Reaction score
Ugh!! I feel like the worst bunny mom ever! Yesterday I took Melody with me to pick my son up from school. I occasionally do this and we have never had a problem. I get to the school about 30 minutes before the kids get out so that melody can enjoy the grass. Usually we have until about 5 minutes before the bell rings before I have to pick Melody up. Well, yesterday he was hopping around and I noticed that the leash had gotten wrapped around his foot. I went to unwrap it and he freaked out. He would not calm down and I had to let him go. Luckily he ran away from the parking lot but the whole time he was running he was screaming. In 17 years of bunny companions I have never once heard that sound and I never want to again. *Shudder* When I finally caught up to him I scooped him up and inspected him. He broke the outer toenails on both of his back feet. When we got home he hid under the couch for about an hour and spent the night under my bed. I feel horrible!
Today I let my male foster out to play after I covered Melody's cage. They were fine and then all of a sudden I looked down and noticed droplets of blood all over my carpet. At some point, some how, Magnum got between the covering and Melody's cage and Melody took a bite out of Magnums ear. I never saw him in there and never heard anything. I have never had anything happen to any of my buns and all of a sudden I have two injured buns in two days. I am the worst mom in the world. How did this happen?! I keep replaying yesterday over and over in my mind and I can not figure out what set Melody off. He is the calmest, most easy going rabbit I know. And today I just cant figure out when Melody bit Magnum. :shock::shock:

I'm sorry! Sometimes bunnies have their days i guess :p I agree, hearing a bunny scream is just about the worst thing. i have heard it twice, and i never ever want to hear it again. It shook me up so badly! :(

I was an absolute mess yesterday. All I kept hearing was Melody screaming. My mom and dad stopped by to check on Melody and while Dad looked at him Mom gave me a big hug. I hate seeing any of my kids hurt and this shook me up pretty badly.

I'm really sorry you had such a rough day with the bunnies - it must've been really scary to hear her scream :(

A bunny scream is something I have NO desire to hear! So sorry for your bad day :(

You are not a bad bunny mom, by the way!

Aw, I am so sorry for that traumatic experience! In neither of those experiences was it your fault. I am so worried my buns will scream on the airplane when they fly. I think I would have a meltdown if I heard that. Your buns will be fine, and they don't think you are a bad mommy!

Thanks for all the encouraging words guys and gals. I still get shaken whenever I think about it but I know that they are fine. Melody lets me touch his toes and check everything out. Magnum reluctantly lets me check his ear. It has scabbed over really well and is still sensitive but healing. I now block off Melody's part of the room when I let the fosters play. But Magnum cannot resist a blocked off section of the house and tries every trick in the book to get in there.

Back