Non-cuddly pets club

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordiwes

Reaction score
I thought I would start a little club for thosemembers like me who's pets might tolerate the occasional pat, but willrefuse to be picked up and cuddled by you.

I love my bunnies and chinchillas to death and every time I see them, I want to smoosh them and kiss them all over.

When I try, I get sulking for at least an hour. Sigh!

I still wouldn't trade them for the world though...

I think my mice, Irma and Snowpuff, are a goodmatch for this club. Irma absolutely hates me and avoids me at allcosts, where I can *sometimes* pick up Snowpuff.

Irma...

normal_bunsandmice%20004.jpg

Snowpuff...

normal_bunsandmice%20007.jpg

And of course....Mallory and Morgan will NOT tolerate their mommy picking them up...

normal_madilynmae5%20002.jpg

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Can I be a member?

I have 6 bunnies of my own. 2 allow cuddles just fine for short spandsof time.All though Elvis likes to lay with me duringhisnaps.1 will allow it if I am ill. The otherthree may take my head off if I try it.

Be afraid of these three...

Dallas

100_6441.jpg

Samantha

100_6423.jpg

Teresa

100_4370.jpg

Dmitri, my sister's bun hates to be picked up:rollseyes He likes his nose rubbed though:)

BTW, cute mice. If you like forums, check out the fun mouse forum. It is wonderful

Ooh! I most definitely belong!

While Mocha and Spice are happy to get tons of pets and will let mepick them up (that's not to say they like it), I have been able to petZoey maybe 3 times in the last year (you better believe it) and Reese?Not a chance I can pet her (yet...).

My bunny will sing me love songs, run around mylegs,lick me and DBF into my side, but I am UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES toEVER pick her up. I get scratched and kicked, thumped at, and finallyflicked off!

~Star~

Oh I have to join this club Jackie and Wilburonly have eyes for each other. Jackie is worse than Wilburshe runs when you move your hand near her.

My husband and I look like two idiots running around theroomwhen we have to catch her to brush her or trim her nails, then it's a Bunny Buritio to actually do anything to her.When she's a little under the weather we can pick her up to give herthe medicine but when you put her down we will get quite a few thumps.

Susan :bunnydance:

I have to join with Mr. Tumnus.

I am so blessed to be able to get my snuggle time in with Basil and Max(and sometimes Lucy) because Tumnus hates me. I am under nocircumstances to come anywhere near him, or he runs off flicking hisfeet. Sometimes he thumps at me if I try to close his cage door whenhe's in it. Hes so dang smart that he watches my every move to be sureIm not coming anywhere near him.

And its the worst because he's such a cute little stinker that I just want to grab him and squeeze him and love him!

16266.jpg

Really?

Pebbles begs for pets and cuddles just as much as she gives kisses.

You guys have to send your bunnies to me. :whistling

Rainbows! :bunnydance:

Mocha barely lets me touch her. Sheusually gives me a very dissapproving look, then runs off whileflicking her feet at me.

Sprite loves me but hates hands.

I can join up with Charlie.

He doesn't sit still for pets, he just nudges your hand away.He doesn't come for cuddles, just to investigate what you're upto. To pick him up, I have to outsmart him... look like I amgiving him food and then scoop him into the air. As soon as Iput him down, he will run away flicking for a minute or so.

Oh I will definately join this group!My Bandit is a grumpy butt! He doesn't even like to be pet atall. You go to pet him and he takes off. Once in ablue moon he gets in a sweet mood and will come over to me and nudge mewith his nose and chin me. But that's about it. ButI still love him :)

Crystal

Hello, my name is Laura and my rabbits hate me.

That's a little dramatic, but my girls hate being picked up.They will crawl all over me if I get in the floor with them, but the"no hands" rule has to be in effect, especially with Baby.

Toby was my snuggle bunny. I miss himso much.

:hug1:group2::bunnieskiss:hug2::hug::group:

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Hello, my name is Laura and my rabbits hate me.

That's a little dramatic, but my girls hate being picked up.They will crawl all over me if I get in the floor with them, but the"no hands" rule has to be in effect, especially with Baby.

Toby was my snuggle bunny. I miss himso much.

Mr Carrots does not like to be held, no indeed.And unless treats are being administered there will be no petting orsnuggling permitted... we've not been able to clip his nails since hewas a few months old because he freaks out and tears shreds out ofwhoever's trying to hold him... my GF is convinced it's because I'm abad Dad but reading this I see other buns are equally standoffish.

Boo is the opposite, he never struggles when held and loves to snuggleand kiss. Luckily for him as his fuzz requires a lot of TLC

I don't think I qualify for full membership, butmy bunny hates being picked up more than anything. She loves to be petand scratched and to *recieve* kisses and even cuddling when her feetare on the ground. Once every few months she enjoys jumping on my lapand enjoying being pet there, but SHE has to jump up herself. There isno greater insult to give my bunny than to pick her up, or attempt topick her up. Not even getting a craisin treat for being held willchange her mind in the slightest.

Ever since we bonded Skittles, Peppers andBummie they have no use for hoomins.Hoomins are tobring the food, pick up the poops and hit the road! If youtry to pick up any one of the 3 the other two start thumpingtoo! They will tolerate being held just long enough to lullyou into believing they like it...then they KICK, JUMP and make theirescape!:?

Ohh think I need to join this club, Jessicaloves me when I have treats and as soon as its gone she kicks her backlegs at me and runs of until I get another treat

I'm not alone!

Moon my dutch flicks his feet for days at me if I've picked him up - soI only do it when absolutely necessary. He is ill right now and willlet me pet him for a minute but if I go to sit down and look in any wayas if I plan on staying - he's gone. I adore him for the attitudethough - makes me more determined to break him down to love me. ;)

It must be a netherland dwarf thing to love being petted and stroked,because like Pebbles, Munchkin will come to me for love. He gives mekisses and jumps in my lap. We have only had him 2 weeks and he's notkeen on being picked up but the love we get from him is immense.

Back