Non-cuddly pets club

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh. Ronnie has to be right besideme. If he is out in the yard and I am around I can barelywalk because I don't want to squish him. BUT if I reach downto pet him he moves off and then when I give up he is back to beingright under my feet again. If I am able to catch him he is ok beingpicked up if I hold him like a football. But lately he has been nippingme on my side when he wants down, even if I'm not to his cage, so Ieither herd him in there or walk in there myself and have him follow me.

*raises hand*

I am guaranteed to get The Butt if I so dare to make an attempt atpicking Rex up. He'll settle for noserubs, but not for much longer thana minute or two. He's never, ever, ever wanted to snuggle with me.Peanut? Yes. Our old dog? Yes. The kittens? Yes. His mommy? Of coursenot :disgust:

And of our five cats, only two will actually come up and sit on yourlap. Ironically, those are the two that were homeless and living on thestreets. The other three have been with us since they were born, butwill they snuggle? Nooooooo :foreheadsmack:

*paw shoots up in the air and waves wildly*

"Can I be a member too?"

That'd be Anna, if she could type. She hates being held, hates havingnails clipped, hates everything except nose scritchies. That's the onlytime she will melt and not move. If I stand in front of her cage whenI'm doing something with Raph, I get poked, prodded, tugged on, andeventually nipped if I don't move. If I happen to be on my hands andknees, trying to get her litter box out to clean it - and she's sittingbehind me, watching - then guaranteed I will get a chomp or two on therear.

Anna's attitude is, "One does not hold royalty, and *I* am royalty. Ifyou hold me for too long, then I shed in your general direction!" (Saidin her best mock-French Holy Grail accent.)

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

herman is my cuddle bug

kh2.jpg

winnie sometimes likes to cuddle

winnie_and.jpg

but zooka, my roommates rabbit. . . don't even think about it! thatrabbits HATES me. . . if i attempt to enter her cage, she grunts, picksupa tinkle toy, and tosses it at me (literally!) and we arenot talking about a playfull toss. . . it is pure "get the:censored2:away from me!"

zoey1.jpg

Oh my gosh, look at Zooka's face!

:inlove:

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

m.e: My friend found I cat at a gasstation and the worker told her mom "Oh, you can try to get it, but itis wild and MEAN!" Meanwhile she was coaxing it into an extradog crate they had in their van. They got it home and it is thesweetest most loving cat I have ever known. It is even niceto the little kids that they have.

This is a great thread!:) I thought wewere alone in the crabby bunny department. We have 3buns. They are all sweet and 2 love to be cuddled, but thatApollo!:shock: One never knows how he is going to be from oneday to the next. Sometimes he growls, shakes our clothes andmakes little chirping noises. Frightening!:scared:We love him to death, but he is one scary bun.

Being a Lionhead, he needs to be groomed. Actually, he enjoys this, but just don't linger doing so.

He attacked my sister's sock when her foot was still in it!He pulled a book from her hands also. This was all in oneplay session. Maybe it was all in fun, but I wouldn't want tosee that coming at me.

Just don't touch anything in his cage while he is in it!:nono

So, yes, count us in on this club too! We will feel right at home.:brownbunny

Joyce :bunnysuit:

Korr hates being picked up. He will run away ifI even reach into the cage. He will come over for popcorn and eat itout of the bowl, but other than that he will have nothing to do with me.

Sophie does not like being picked up but she will tolerate pets and nose rub. She loves crasins though.

They love to cuddle each other :rabbithop:bunnieskiss :dunno

14Both.jpg

DSCN3490-1.jpg

Ah yes, I have some of those.

All my buns don't like to be picked up. I can pet them just fine, as long as I don't pick them up. Well, Freckle isn't to bad about it. Until recently, Popcorn didn't want me touching her, but now is much better :)

Then I have 2 (out of 6) goats that dont' like to be touched. They like to come up to me, as long as I don't touch them... but my young one let me the other day, I haven't had him long, so I"m hopefull he'll come around.

Then I have some horses like that. I have one mini mare, Sage, whom I coudln't touch when I first got her. After months of gaining her trust, now I can, but strangers can't. Ruby, another mini mare, prefers to be left alone, but she's not hard to catch and is fine with anything you do with her. A full size mare, Riddle, is the same way, but is hard to catch. Then my mini donkey jenny, Karma, is pretty much untouchable. But very curiuos and likes cookies, and again, haven't had her long, so hopeful she'll also come around.

One of my cats, Q, only wants to be messed with when she's in the mood, which isn't very often. She just has better things to do, I guess!

1 of my leopard geckos HISSES if I try to touch him/her! I ddin't know they do that! lol :)

Jessi

Latest posts

Back