NOM NOM NOM

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlilly0212

Reaction score
Hello!

So it has been pretty busy since Bailey and I flew back to RI for a few weeks, then drove back down to FL to start the fall semester...

Everything has been going great, bunny-wise. We (my roomie and I) decided that instead of having Bailey confined to an x-pen (made from NIC pannels), as I had him this summer, we were going to let him have free range of the room. He LOVES being a free range bun- running around, jumping on the couch- he is quite smitten with college life... ;)

BUT!
Lately he has been chewing on EVERYTHING!!!!! From bags, to metal, to my rommie's suitcase, frisbee's, etc. Then today- he started chewing on my tube of toothpaste! Arghhh.... ANy suggestions to make it stop? Do you think he is bored? not getting enough attention? Hungry?
Something new also is that he ALWAYS seems to be hungry. He used to spread his pellet-eating out throughout the day, but now he gulps then down right after i feed him. Sometimes I give him 3 bowls of veggies/day instead of the usual 2 because he seems SO ravenous. He always has unlimited hay.

Help please? Any suggestions as to this behavior change? Thanks!

Lill and Baileee!

does he get unlimited hay? if not, this could help the hunger situation. hay will fill them up, but won't be a whole lot of extra ya know, calories and junk like that.

do you provide him with things to chew? i know my buns enjoy magazines/newspapers, cardboard tubes (like from papertowel or toilet paper), cardboard boxeds, and some wood, i got cheap craft wood cubes from the dollar store. if he has other things to chew, he might not need to chew other things

oh, you can get some baskets too, just make sure they dont have a finish on them. my buns enjoy this too. oH and grass mats are popular here too.

You really need to bunny proof your place so your belongings don't get wrecked and also so your bunny doesn't get hurt. believe it or not pets can be poisioned by the fluoride in toothpaste...also electrocuted by chewing cords etc.

it is natural for rabbits to chew ,it's part of the nature of the beast. There are way to make your home safe

let's see if we have anything re. this in the library
lot's of suggestions in here....

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12079&forum_id=17

I'm begining to think that the out of control bunny chewing of everything is their ability to act out that their not getting enough attention as well as just their ability to do this behaviour..

I'd suggest giving your bun THAT much more attention along with THAT much more nibbling things (toilet paper rolls/ paper towl rolls/processed wood)..

Let Us know what you find works...

Latest posts

Back