Noises in sleep

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfonz

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Bunbun was napping under the bed this morning and he was making these little squeaking noises. First of all, I heard that rabbits sleep with their eyes open. Is that correct? Well if it is, is it possible that Bunbun was having a dream or could it be he's just really relaxed, or could it be something serious? He was laying flat with his chin on the carpet. Well, thanks for any input!

kat.

Hm, I dont really know the anwser to this, but im guessing that if she doesnt do it alot, it probobly isnt a problem. I know Dawns Baxter (I think its him) snores very loud when he sleeps, we have to show you a video!

It sounds more like it was a noise she was making when she was breathing, not from her stomach or anything.

Unless she is acting different, not eating, or pooping etc, I dont think she is sick or anything :)

Hehe, this video that Bummietime took for me:
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/cutiepai/?action=view&current=bunnies503-1.flv

He makes many interesting noises, and when I get my camera back, I will take some more videos.

If bunny was very relaxed or sleeping then it's possible for them to make funny little noises. I would monitor carefully and if you don't see it again I wouldn't worry. The more relaxed Baxter is the more noise he makes.

--Dawn

Oh my goodness - Popcorn makes that sound a lot too when she's sleeping or very relaxed.....

As soon as I walk in to where she is or touch her- she deliberately STOPS making that noise....

I had often wondered about it...

Peg

Baxter actually makes more noise if you touch him. He loves being touched and petted, and the better the petting the more noise he will make. The intensity and the volume will actually increase, it's really funny.

--Dawn

That video is hilarious!:laugh:

My Conti Bella does exactly the same thing. She will also do it louder if I pet her or just before I put her food down. I think she does it when she's happy or excited!

She's also pretty active when she's asleep, she'll twich, sniff, move her ears and even looked like she was running once or twice.

That is hilarious! So cute. Thanks Dawn! That laugh at the end just does it and makes it funnier:p.

I would love to see some Baxter ones if you get your camera back, that would be super:D.

That video is great!

Peanut makes all sorts of noises in her sleep, from snoring to whistling to lip smacking (like she's eating something in a dream :D)

aurora369 wrote:
Hehe, this video that Bummietime took for me:
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/cutiepai/?action=view&current=bunnies503-1.flv

He makes many interesting noises, and when I get my camera back, I will take some more videos.

If bunny was very relaxed or sleeping then it's possible for them to make funny little noises. I would monitor carefully and if you don't see it again I wouldn't worry. The more relaxed Baxter is the more noise he makes.

--Dawn

That is HILARIOUS! A snoring bunny! hehehe!

I have a couple who do that and one that squeaks Bruce didn't know it was Boo and kept wondering what it was i think she squeaks instead of snores:)

That video you showed, Dawn was exactly what Bunbun was doing! It almost sounded to me like he was having trouble breathing, but he looked so relaxed so I figured it was just contentment! Thanks for sharing the adorable video and clearing stuff up!

kat.

Back