No hay left!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have run out of hay and can’t get any until tomorrow, so my rabbits and guinea pigs don’t have any.i have some red clover hay, but not much, which I have given them a bit of so will they be fine until I get some tomorrow?

Don't worry, I believe that one day without hay wont cause too many problems for your rabbits and guinea pigs! I've experienced this same thing before with my rabbit, and nothing went wrong. The problems come when you are not giving hay for long periods of time ^^

Were you able to get more hay? It really depends on the sensitivity of the individual rabbit as to whether or not they'll be affected by lack of hay for a day (or even half a day). In the future, try to be sure that there is always extra hay. If rabbits or guinea pigs go without their pellet food, that isn't a big deal. They can easily go without pellet food for a few days without issue. The hay is much more important in order to keep their digestive system working and avoiding any GI issues.

Latest posts

Back