No Babies!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_Toast

Reaction score
Annie Oaklie hasn't given birth so I think it's safe to say she isn't going to!!! And since she is the only rabbit I own there isn't any danger of future babies! I haven't found anyone in my area that spays rabbits (our vets are mostly large animal vets since this is a farm community) so I was wondering if there would be a lot of benefit in spaying her. I would have to drive quite a way and pay a "city" vet "city" prices. I'm not getting another rabbit so....:apollo:

Yay no babies! I would recommend a spay because as a younger bunny she can recover very early. The incidence of uterine cancer in adult bunnies is quite high. Spaying increases the life span by several years. It can be hard to detect until it's too late, as well, because rabbits hide it well. Behavior and litterbox habits will also improve with a spay. It may be expensive, but you can save up to it since it's not urgent, and in the end it really will be better.

Spay it is then. Now I've just got to find a good vet in the "big city". I'll get it done soon if DH gets this new job. Otherwise it may be a few months. Thanks for the advice :)

Back