No babies and very small litter questions adivce

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redthunderrabbits

Reaction score
Sorry this post is so long!! My Aunt raises Holland lops andEnglish spots. Last year she had an amazing season with her babies. She tries to breed so she has some nice JRs to put on the table. This year she has bred about 18 does and watched them carefully to make sure they lifted and the buck was able to service the doe. With the English Spots she had litters born but they were either incredibly small (2 or 3) OR the does would not care for them. My Aunt has a heated barn and her rabbits are cleaned and there is no access noise in the barn. She houses only rabbits in the barn, With the Holland’s She has me palpate to see if they are bred my skills have been right on in past years, this year I’ll feel babies at day ten and then they won’t produce any!! She says I’m slipping and that could very well be the case. However she has very little litter turn out and she stops breeding when the shows hit. We do have dogs but they aren’t allowed in the barn and they are fenced outside of the barn. We have had the same set up as long as we’ve had the rabbits so I don’t believe the dogs would be the cause does anyone have any ideas why we aren’t having babies and what we might be able to do to get some?

Thank you!!

It can also be the weather! Alot of people were having problems with breeding (including my self) in this weather/winter.

If they are stressed in any way. The doe can aborsted her babies, I have this just happen last week. She pulled fur and blood but no babies. But we just had a horrible rat attack couple weeks ago. If anything is bothering/stress them.

Or the doe or buck can be a little young.

Latest posts

Back