No appetite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted in here which is a good thing.:D However~ this morning Cappuccino, my 2 1/2 lopdoesn't seem to have an appetite. She was fine as of last night. She came downstairs for her treat and finished all her greens. This morning she did not come down and would not take her oats. She even failed the treat test. I tried baby food but no interest. This is very unusual for her as I call her the bunny garbage disposal, she's the first to eat her food. She still has her feisty personality though. She's hopping normal and will push my hands away. She's not in a hunch position but stretched out. Also she's been using the litterpan yesterday buthasn't gone yetsince I switched it out an hour ago to monitor it.

Should I be overly concern?Forgot to mention she's been moulting.

Thanks ahead for any advice. Can you tell I'm a very paranoid bunny mom!

Helen. :) Good to hear from you.
could it be caused by the weather? Maybe it's hot, so she doesn't have much appetite? She's been moutling,huh ? Well, did she eat hay ? I think sometimes it's good to be alert on something, maybe it's just her "not hungry" day. I'd suggest to observe her eating and dropping behaviours. Last year during Kimiko's moulting season. Her poops were full with fur :( I urged her to eat hay by changing it more often and it worked. Normally, I gloomed her once everyday, but during moutling, I brushed her 2-3 times a day. Keep up post, will you ?
Breathe, mommy :) Your girl will be fine.
Take care.

Thanks Vircia and Claire! Hubby came home and she finished all her greens and even came down tonight for a treat. Just checked on her again and she's eating her greens again now. Hoping it's just a false alarm and I'm an overly concerned bunny mom. I had scheduled a vets appointment for the morning and stillplan on taking her in just to make sure she's ok.

Took Cappy to the vet today and he gave her a clean bill of health! He did tell me the same thing Claire~ to give her a dose of gas med, it was prob just a gas bubble. Thank you gals! Guess I was just a paranoid mom but good to know I get comfort from this forum!

You are not paranoid. You know your babies so well that you are able to stay on top of the situation. Glad it was only a hiccup and Cappuccino is fine.

maybe push the hay, if they are moulting. Bunnies can become impacted from fur ( fur ball ) same as a cat. We had a french angora that had a fur ball the size of a beef sausage and had to have it removed surgercally. I am paranoid too, when my bunny quits eating. Have given rabbits cat fur ball medication when they are not pooing from moulting. ( vet advised ) If she is eating all is good.

Latest posts

Back