NJ Folks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
The Aug. 8th--21st edition of The Animal Companion is out. You can find it
at your Vets office. My Rescue, Les Lapins, is the Headline!! It reads:
"Les Lapins: Every bunny's welcome". She (the writer) misquoted me
in a few areas but, on the whole, not bad. Charlotte

dootsmom wrote:
The Aug. 8th--21st edition of The Animal Companion isout. You can find it
at your Vets office. My Rescue, Les Lapins, is the Headline!! It reads:
"Les Lapins: Every bunny's welcome". She (the writer) misquoted me
in a few areas but, on the whole, not bad. Charlotte

Can i get it at Petsmart? Thats were our vet is!

I am going out of my mind! Ever since this article has come out, I'm getting
calls to take in rabbits. Had one at 10:30PM, last night! By the end of this
week, I'll have 40 rabbits....I could not take them all.

The writer had given me the impression that she was talking to other rabbit
shelters, not just mine.

I emailed the writer of the article:

Hi Elsie,

After being inundated by calls to take in rabbits and having foundout that the issue with the article was out "on the stands",I went to my Vets & picked up a copy.

We forgot to add that my Rescue is home-based, that I am semi-retired,that because of the cost of food & supplies I cannot afford toget the 501 tax exemption which would allow me to recievetax-deductable contributions. Like all other privaterescuers, I operate in the "RED".

The article has brought many responses. So far, this week, Ihave had calls to pick up, or have dropped off here, another 11rabbits. No one wants to adopt...just get rid of.This means more food, hay, litter to buy, each week.

Although the article was good, I am now sorry that I agreed to do it.

Charlotte

Her response:

Charlotte - HI! I'm so sorry things have not gone well sincethe story came out. Also, I"m sorry I did not get to call youbefore the article came out. As of today, I have not receiveda copy of the issue. I don't like to contact people who havebeen written up until I get my own copy of the issue, have seen how itcame out in print and and can offera copytothem. I'm glad that you at least got to see a copy. I'm ccing my editor on this reply so she knows whathappened. Elsie

That's pretty rotten. I mean,publicity is good and all, but it's supposed to work the other wayaround! People should be like "Hey, there's rabbits toadopt." Not "Hey, there's a new place to dump this thing Ibought on a whim."

*Tsk* :mad: That's so infuriating.

I wish Buck was here. He'd know what to say.

I'm so sorry it took this turn when all you were trying to do wasshare. It's a shame that you ran into more 'takers' than 'givers'.

:pink iris:

You might consider screening your calls for awhile if you have an answering machine. This situation of yours ispretty ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back