Ninchen Blog - 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could go on a vacation to your area now without a second thought!

I don't think I've ever seen such a pristine place... the cobblestones in the streets are a delicious detail. I love the great stone lion in the garden, and the respect for the antiquities (fountain, post box).

It looks picture-perfect. I agree with Minda; I'm sure the Bureau of Tourism would pay well for such wonderful photos!

(While I'm here, I want to tell you that your outdoor hutch system is AWESOME!)

mx35.gif

Thank you all!
It isn‘t a very unusual town. Most cities here have a "Altstadt" (old part).

I think I would WOW at photos of your locations, too.

I have seen so many Amercian movies or sitcoms, but not the real states.
My fiance lived a year in Seattle and he likes to visit again.

And we are thinking about moving to Cananda for years (half joking, but if we will ever emigrate anywhere...Cananda would be our first choice. Germany is so crowded.)

I need some cheering up. :(

Three bad things happend this week:

First our landlord phoned because he wanted to repair the roof under our roof deck...

and that meant we had to tear down the rabbit home and remove it (and the rabbits, too of course), we had 24 hours for this...
:shock:

I had to seperate the bonded four rabbits and put them in four cages somewhere in our flat...they are not litter trained.
I don‘t know if I can restore the bond...:tears2:
We have to built a new hutch...pay for the wood.:grumpy:

Anise had some trouble with her back again, I mean she always has,
but she wasn‘t able to get up at all, she lay on her side.
We had to put her up and hold her for a while in a sitting position.

We have to watch her closley...she would starve inches from her food and water...
tears2::tears2:

And then Cinnamon got ill. His left eye is dripping, he sneezes and his left lip is swollen...I guessed the abscess was back!
I went to the vet near by on Monday...she opened his mouth and a lot of pus went out ...:shock::tears2:
The vet gave him baytril and metacam, but was sure that Cinnamon must have some trouble with his molars.

Didn't make any sense to me! She wanted to look at the molars in narcosis on friday.
Intuition told me to go to a really rabbit savy vet.. the one who pulled his incisors.
And so we went, thank god we did. (1 hour drive, the first vet is five minutes away).

Of course it was the abscess again. The first vet didn't cure it completly and she didn‘t treat Cinnamon right this time, too... I am even sure now, that Kandis would live today, if we ever went with her to a rabbit savy vet, instead of trusting the nearest vet.
:tears2::tears2::tears2:

Cinnamons molars are fine. The narcosis would have been unnecassary stress and no help at all with the abscess!

The rabbit savy vet cleaned/flushed his tear duct and removed most of the pus through the fistula. We have to do this too and inject penicillin every second day. He gets eye drops and by now he sneezes less.

Last night I woke from a loud crash...Cinnamon jumped on the window sill in the living room and kicked the flower pots down.:shock::bunnydance:

He doesn‘t know that he is ill!

What makes me angry: I still have to pay for the visit to the first vet. Plus the bills from the new one of course.
The next appointment is next tuesday.

:wave:

It is a long time since I posted.:shock:

Well, I was busy...I got married and I am 7 month pregnant!
Seems to be a girl! pinkbouce:

But there are also some sad news: Klopfer and Pearl are dead. :tears2:
:rainbow:

This was a 2009 blog...it is february 2010 already!

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations times two! That's such exciting news on your marriage and coming baby:) :) :)

Very sorry about your bunny losses. How are everybun else? :(

Nougat and Pepe bonded very fast after their mates died.
They are fine and both agreed on being afraid of humans forever...:hug:

Anise is still with us...still crippled, but she doesn't seem to be depressed about it. Enjoying breakfast in her cage on my desk right now.:bunnydance:

Cinnamon lost another tooth.:grumpy: He stopped eating and in narcosis one of his molars was found ulcerated. He is ok again.
He really wants to join the pair outside.
I think he is bored. But then I know that he and Pepe will start fighting each other again...it is too cold outsinde anyway. He has no winter fur like Nougat and Pepe have.
(But I confess...I bought a little cloak for dogs... :p so in April he may go out with it, perhaps dating Nougat. I'll take pics of course.)

If I am really lucky I can bond all three, BUT I have to take it very, very slowly!

W / /`WWWWW} {WWWWW !!
W( ° >WWWWW( )WWWWW(x˚)
W/ r r WWWWW" "WWWWW∞
* )__WWWWW.( o ).WWWWcc( •

Congrats on the good things (Babies! and husband) and SO sorry for the loss of your well loved buns..

Wishing you Sunshine in your life thus forward, your home seems very warm and loving - good things seem to be on your horizon!

Best of luck and keep posting - curious to see the new baby and buns.

Thats the little kicker in my womb :hearts:
baby.jpg

My sleepy monster
heia20.jpg

heia18.jpg

heia17.jpg

heia15.jpg

heia14.jpg

heia13.jpg

heia09.jpg

DSC_3660.jpg

Schmoll.jpg