Ninchen Blog - 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great that you've found a vet who's able to perform incisor extraction! All the best to Cinnamon on the 19th!! Keep us posted :D

Incisors are gone and Cinnamon started eating greens in the evening.

The vet told me, that his back teeth are good :bunnydance: and that the removal of the incisors was necessary, because he was forced to eat around them and that would have damaged the back teeth sooner or later...

He is still angry with me, but he ate his oatmeal with baytril and metacam.
Good boy!

I started bonding Anise and Cinnamon today.

boewu51.gif

tr10.gif

I don t think the bonding will work.:(

He can t bite her, but he kicks her now.:rollseyes

She went from limbing to trailing her stiff hind legs behind herself, only using the front legs, trying to escape in panic.
Starting to limp on the right front leg to, all body weight on the left,
the left leg starting to quiver and bend somehow...

Nothing anyone can stand to see for very long!

She has to spend the rest of her life without other rabbits.:cry2

I am wondering wether she is in pain all the time, I will give her metacam for some time and watch if she will improve.

But I fear that her quality of life is getting worse (we were told that it would by the vet a year ago) and we have to think about putting her out of her misery in a few month.

That is all bad enough, but what about Cinnamon ?

I am not a fan of having single rabbits and I don t want to keep Cinnamon alone for the rest of his life, but we can t have a 7th bunny and I don t want to make a trio out of any of my pairs, risking the bond. (Never change a winning team).
And I don t like the idea of giving Cinnamon away at all, especially because he has no incisors and needs special care.

Soooo.
He will have to live alone until Anise is gone, then he can have a new girl friend.

Please convince me, that a single bunny won t be unhappy.
:nerves1
(In Germany the animal protection people are against having single rabbits, they collect signatures to enforce a law against it...
Thinking of breeders, this will never work, I guess.
And yes they are strictly against rabbit breeders.
The rescue orgs do not give you a bunny, if you don t intend to have a pair.)

Oh My Gosh, I just love the new pictures especially the ones with the bunny on the bed. Your Bunnies are ADORABLE.

I look forward to many more pictures of your Babies.

Susan :)

Guess where he is sleeping now...

It is so sweet to work at home and look once in a while under the desk and watch Cinnamon sleeping deeply.
It doesn t bother him, when we touch him, but of course we don t wake him up.
mk7.gif

My other 5 rabbits peed on it, too!
He is the first, who uses it like a bed, sleeping at daytime.
I love this guy!:biggrin2:

The pics of your bunnies are so adorable!

Sorry about Kandis, RIP little girl.

I hope that Anise is feeling better soon. I will pray for her every day!

Latest posts

Back