Night Feces

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NekoOtome

Reaction score
So my bun isn't eating his soft feces and leaving it on the floor or stuck in his fur. This has happened before, and at the advice of my vet I stopped giving the 1/2 cup of dark romaine lettuce he was getting daily (he said that mini lops can be sensitive to leafy greens),treats, and changed his pellets from a timothy/alfafa mix to pure timothy pellets. Throughout this he has been getting a constant supply of timothy hay as well. I did those things one at a time and eventually it stopped for a couple of months, but it started again when I tried giving him dried sweet potatoes as an occasional treat and celery as some greens. I stopped those when he stopped eating his night feces but it's still been going for a couple weeks. Should I change the diet again or is it some sort of bacterial issue in his gut?

are you sure he is not eating it ? Sometimes my buns over produce it due to rich diet i.e when I give in and give them some treats or to many pellets 😄 they can't eat it all so some gets left I just leave a bit to the side and clean the rest up just in case but I see them eating some of it this only happens once every couple of months or so I cut back on there pellets and give more hay and it's fine the next day just cut down on the pellets for a bit ! How old is your bun ?

are you sure he is not eating it ? Sometimes my buns over produce it due to rich diet i.e when I give in and give them some treats or to many pellets 😄 they can't eat it all so some gets left I just leave a bit to the side and clean the rest up just in case but I see them eating some of it this only happens once every couple of months or so I cut back on there pellets and give more hay and it's fine the next day just cut down on the pellets for a bit ! How old is your bun ?

Oh, good point! I have seen him hunch over like he's eating it, maybe he is just leaving some to the side. I'll try cutting down his pellets and see how that works for him. My bun is about 2.5 years old.

He's as happy and playful as ever so that would make sense that he's getting his nutrition, even if there's some leftovers. Should I resume the dark-leaf romaine for his greens or should I try something new for daily veggies?

Okay I give mine spring greens , curly kale , rocket , watercress daily only a small cup each but they share a plate my Bailey is 1 and Ivy is 8 months they share 1 bowl of pellets a day and unlimited hay does your eat a lot of hay ?

Latest posts

Back