Nicknames

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
I am absolutely horrible about nicknaming my animals. What happens is that their names sort of evolve or I get a sing-songy name going for them. Do you do this???

Bo: Bo Bee, BoBo, Boo Boo.

Clover: Cloverbunny, KAwoverbunny, DaBunny, DaBunnergirl

My Horse Dakota: Kota, KotaBug, Bug, Bugaboo, Buddy, Big Guy.

Daughter's Horse Pokie: Pokie Doo

Sydney (dog): SydneyPuppy, hubby calls her the WUPPERDOG! :?

Heidi is already HeidiHo........ :?I need to change that.

The other animals get it too - even the Sheep. Tamika is MikaMika MooMoo. She comes to that too. :p

Oh Lord! I am bad with this, haha.

Angel: Missy Mae, Mi Eee, Minnie, Misses Mae, Sweet Cheeks, Misses Sweet Cheeks Mae:biggrin2:

Snuffles: Nuff, Nuffy, Weiner, Baby Boy, and my hubby's nickname for him: Nuf Nuf Paddywack. haha

We have the same problem over here. Its funny because they usually never hear their given name. Ill give you some examples.

Buns
1. Stinky: Stink Pot, Tink, Tinky, Tinker, Stinky Bunny
2. Lucky: Luck duck, Lucky Bunny

Chins
1. Charlie: Charles, Bean, Charlie Bean, Fat man
2. Bonnie: Bon Bon, The pisser
3. Betty Lou: Boo Boo, Bubby, Betty Boo
4. Clyde: Cylde Drexler, Clyde Monster
5. Mercutio: Koosh, The Devil
6. Penelope: P, Pitstop

Pigs
1. Guss Guss: Pig, Mister Pig, Piggy
2. Ashly: Miss Pig,

Dog
Ernie: Ernst, Ernesto, Big Perm, Permie, Ern Burn

The list goes on. Everytime someone stops in we are calling the animals different names. Its weird I guess.

I am horrible with that. Ive just had my rabbit 2 weeks and already his name has started to evolve.

Bunny: Chompers- ChompChomp

Dogs: Duncan- Dunca, Badunkadunk, Dunkachino
Oasis- Asis, O-Face :p, Oasis Bedroom

I knew I wasn't alone! I also call Bo NuggyBunny (snugglybunny) when he's wanting to lay around and be petted.

I come up with some strange ones all the time but mostly the ones I listed are their regular names.

Everyone is calling my horse Bug anymore LOL!

Ooou, I'm terrible with that, too X3
I almost NEVER use Butter's full name (Butterfinger).

Usually, it's....
Butter
Butter-boy
Butter-baybay
Butter-luvin's
Booooy
Baybay-boy
Baybay

:D He must be so tired of this by now, haha!

~Diana and Butter

Here are mine:

Trixie: Twixie, TrixieDixie, Trixtrixtrixtrixtrixieeee!!, Stuffy, Butterfly Bunny, MooBunny, MooCow, and Smooshie Face (for Denise, her first mommy)

Maisie: Miss Maisie Pooh, Mimi, Meemers, Miss Mimi Bunny, Dwarfy Princess (since I've determined she's a Nethy Dwarf mix), Princess Maisie, or just plain Princess

SweetPea: Sweepy, Seepy, Blue-eyed beauty, SweetPea Airlines (usually accompanied by a, "readyyyy forrrr take offff!!!"), Airplane Bunny

Flower: SweetiePie, Itty Bitty, Baby Bunny, Boo Boo Bunny, Lovey Dovey Girl, Beauty Beauty, Fower, Flower Bower

All four of them get: Stinky Bunny, Beautiful Bunny, My Babies, and all sorts of random baby talk!

I love my girls...can't wait to see what slips out as my lionhead babies' nicknames!

Marlin: Marlin Bunny (that is his main name), Bunzieeeezzzz, Swittle Bunny TooooFooooo, Cheerio Murderer, Mummy's Swittle Marrrfinnnnn, Good Boy who potties in his litter box, Cwaaaaayziiiin Maaaynnnn, Tootzieeeezzz Scootzieeeezzzz, Daddy's shlittle mang, Marlin Binky.

Morgan: Captian Morgan, MorgMorg, Norgan, Mr. Morgan Bunny Pants, Morgan Bunny.

Mallory & Madilyn-Mae: The Naughties, Mrs and Mrs. Naughty, Mallory Bunny, Madilyn Bunny.

All the bunnies: Guhhhbunbun's, The Naughty Bunny Bunch, Binkies from hell, The Binky Bunnies of Doom.

**runs and hides for fear she will get laughed at for her redonkulious (yes, I just said redonkulious) bunny nicknames**

:run:

Oh this should be a laugh...:embarrassed:

Buns

Ruby : Rube, Rooba looba, "Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby" (Sung to the kaiser chiefs song!:biggrin2:), wooba, Ruby Tuesday, Miss Tuesday, Roo, Roo bear

Millie : Mills, Millie-kins, Miss Nudgy Mc Nudge Nudge, Nudgeroo, poppet, Milagin, Missy

Cat

Ollie: Pops, squidgy pops, big lad, Oliver, Oliver Twist, squidgy kins, popsy-kins :baghead

Horse

Smokey: Smokey and the bandits, Smokey Joe, Mr Man, fatty boy

Also I love this, the meaning of your buns names:

[align=left][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Ruby[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Information about this name:
Meaning: Precious red jewel
Famous Usage: Ruby from the classic country song of love and betrayal "Ruby, Don't take your love to town'.
[/font][/align]

[align=left][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

[align=left][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Millie[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Information about this name:
Related Name:Milly, Millie, Milli
Meaning: From Mildred - The gentle counselor
Screen Details: Thoroughly Modern Millie - Movie and Broadway Play.
[/font][/align]
[/font]
[/align]

[align=left][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]http://www.bowwow.com.au/[/align][/font]

LOL! I love these nicknames! Now I know for sure I'm not the only one who baby-talks, sings to, and acts like I do with the bunnies and other pets!

Sometimes, though, I swear that Bo rolls his eyes at me. :rollseyes

:craziness

StinkyBunny101 wrote:
Buns
1. Stinky: Stink Pot, Tink, Tinky, Tinker, Stinky Bunny

I just realized that I call the bunnies Tinky buns or Tinker bunnies too sometimes.

We had a guinea pig and his name was George, but we called him Mr. Pig and eventually it was just Pig. We miss him :(

Hey! I didn't know we could include nicknames for our other animals...

In THAT case...

Sunny the cat: Sunshine or Sunshine Cat (has become her full name, though if she had a birth cert, it wouldn't say that), Sunners, Sunny Bunny (because her fur is stunningly similiar to bunny fur), Sunny Day...(sung like the beginning of the Sesame Street song), Queen, Pretty Girl, Miss Queeny Pants

Hobbes the cat: PuppyCat, Hobbit, Hobbers, Poopy, Poopybutt, Mr. Poopy Bottoms, Mr. Poopy, The Poopster, Goofball, My Son, Handsome Boy, Mr. Handsome Kitty, Good Boy (said with emphasis as you would say to a dog...makes his tail wag like one, too!), Mr. Stinky Bottoms, Hobbitahobbitahobbita (like hommina hommina hommina).

And both of them get the name Stinky, of course...because all my animals are stinkers in their own way. :biggrin2:

Velvet: Large n incharge, bunny big ears, princess, velveteen, blue
Rudy: Rudy the aghouti (sp?),
Barney: Bunny big nose, Mr. Mellow, Xbox buddy
Nibbles: Nibbly, Niblet
Skippery: Scotty dog
Duchess: Duchy

The rest we don't have any nicknames for.

Haha, I have weird nick names to...

Cat-Lily: Lil-ums, Lil, Lil Lil

Bunny-Riley: Rie, Rie Rie, Riles

I'm not too bad with nicknames really,

Madison - Maddie (most often), Maddie-Waddie, Cheeky Bunny, Cheeky Madame, Lil Madame, LilRascal, Silly Bunny.My little (4year old) brother likes to call herSnowy.

Ebony - Ebby, Ebs, Ebby-Webby, Crazy Rabbit, Beautiful Black Bunny.

Pebble- Pebbly, Wee-Snow (well now it's more often Big Snow :p), Shy Bunny, Pebbley-Webbley.

I sometimes call them Pebony and Ebble too. :upsidedown:

I looked up theirname meanings,

Madison means Son of a mighty warrior; son of Maud. :?It's the third most popular (human) girl name in 2006. :)

Ebony means dark beauty. :)

Pebble means a small stone. :dunno

Roxie is usally:
Roxie Bear:)
Bear
RoxRox
Roxiekins
Girly
Roxie Fufu

Buddy is usally:

Buddykins:D
BudBud