NIC Cages:

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The door flips up. So in the picture it's open, but I keep it closed when they are not running around.

I used shelf supports (the L shaped ones) to hold up my shelf, works better than dowelling, cheaper too, put one on each joint. I've got a thin peice of dowelling across the very top front, where the door flips up.

Using zapstraps at all corners (in an x shape) will help keep the ceiling from sagging and the walls from mis-aligning.

--Dawn

Maisie and Flower's cages are quite a lot like that...you can see them here:

http://i7.tinypic.com/211kz8x.jpg

Theirs have the same bottom front door that opens to the side, but the upper levels are different. :)

I remember now, it was Elf Mommy who used the cage from the MI rabbit rescue.... I think I might use that one and incorporate some ideas from you guys!

Thanks!

Haley

That's fantastic!! The best thing about having such a big cage is that you can decorate it and make it look so fun and interesting! The large Super Pet ferret hammock fits perfectly in it, as does the largest wooden pet house/hideout thing from Petsmart. I'm sure your bunnies will love it - ours spend so much time in there, even though they're free roaming bunnies! :D

Nadezhda wrote
I love this cage! Wow! The way the coroplast is is wonderful! Tonight, I'm going to take measurements of my buns cage and go down to the craft store and get the coroplast needed to make this wonderful cage!

Oh, and I just found a new type of storage cube panel that some of you may be interested in:
50275108799C.JPG;pv6ae96eb63ccd54b5

They're the same size as ordinary wire grid panels, but plastic with holes in. They're from the Bed Bath & Beyond website. I don't know how sturdy they are, but they're just so pretty looking! To be honest, i'm trying to think up an excuse for me to get them and use them! :D

The plastic grids might be harder to see through than the thinner wire grids. :(
Another thing is, the bunnies like to bite and chew on plastic which is not good for them. :(

Rainbows :)

Yeah, I saw the plastic ones at BB&B, they were definitely chewable!

Good news is the ones at target are on sale for 11.49 a box!

That's strange, because my bunnies never chew on plastic. :D
They chew every piece of wood or paper they can get their teeth into - sometimes even leather - but never plastic.

Latest posts

Back