NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum,theicequeen99121! Rabbits need lots ofspace to hop, so it's best if the base size of the cage is long enoughfor them to take at least several hops. Personally I don'tlike going smaller than 3x2 grids for a base size even for smallrabbits, although for example JadeIcing's most recent cage is smallerfor litter training purposes. Not all rabbits enjoy jumpingeither, although all of mine do.

Yup I have two that are half pig half rabbits.

How do you guys make it sostable:shock: My piggies have a 4x2 cage without a top, andit is unstable! I would love to make a multistorie cage forDmitri, but first I need to know how to make it stable:)

I use both the connectors, plus zipties. If you have additional levels, you can add more supportto the floor by using dowel rods.

I had no problems with stability with Fey and Sprite's old 4x2 cage.:)

Also another way I found to keep the cage strongis if you put a sheet of coroplast on top of a sheet of plywood andthen screw the base connectors to the plywood and coroplast. It keepsthe base stable and strong and keeps it from being able to move freely.

Rocky's NIC Condo. My moms bun. My First Foster.

100_0077.jpg

100_0076.jpg

100_0078.jpg

NIC Folder

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/JadeIcing/NIC%20Cage/

Two grown adults can sit in there and play with him...she wanted bigger but we ran out.

ok soi was so jealous :imstupidi had to build Oliver acage.:woohoo so sunday i drove to the ends of the earth andback:banghead to get the NIC cubes, which let me tell you was no easytask.:pullhair: Got home and built him his new house, andthis morning called the Hubby and told him to get more Zip ties becausei am chaging the layout already.:scared: I decided instead ofa L shape shelf i am making on straight across the one side so he hasmore open room and it is easier for me to get in there and clean buthere is the first pic of the cage . i havent really added adoor yet i am going to wait till i figure out how i want the setupinside. so let me know what i did wrong:bunny19

HPIM0596.jpg

HPIM0594.jpg

hunnybunny63 wrote:
BinkyRabbit33 wrote:
Binky'sremodeled cage. Im sure this isnt the last time I'm going to beremodeling it :D

CIMG1362.jpg

CIMG1363.jpg

nice cage but what is the shelf made of? it looks like NIC cubing and some sort of wooden squares! please explain all!

The flooring i used is just vinyl flooring that i got from the localhardware store. I think they are at other places too. It's made in thatwood style making it look like actual wood, but in reality it is justflexible, waterproof flooring. It works great and Binky doesn't slip onit like I thought she would when i first felt it. All i did was buy alot of it, not expensive,cut it to size with scissors, andplaced in on top of the NIC cubes. Here are some pics.

CIMG1441-1.jpg

CIMG1439-1.jpg

Heres a website showing different vinyl floorings

EDIT: I forgot to add the link, duh!www.galway-flooring.com/vinyl.htm

DSC01401.jpg

Morgaine/Gwen's NIC cage :) It's 5 x 3 x 2 panels with a 2panel shelf. I've found Linoleum sheets to be the best andcheapest for the bottom :)

I havealready drawn up my designs. I have to wait til I move out, but my NICcage is going to be 100 panels (as a rough estimate). I know, I amcrazy, but they will be spending my college and work time in there so Iwill make it a palace with plenty of fun things to do!
<3,RaE

Latest posts

Back