NIC cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap08m

Reaction score
Switched from our vertical cage to this new NIC cage. Found the panels in Reno and decided to give it a try. Don't know if I'm going to keep it like this or try and incorporate it with pieces from the other cage to give them more space and more levels. They're separated for now because Demetri is getting his "eh hmm" surgery on Wednesday. No baby bunnies for Reddit. After a couple of weeks I'll remove the middle wall and open up the cage so they both can share the big room. Until then, split cages. I hope Demetri gets re-litter trained soon. Theres bunny poos everywhere.
0716122151.jpg

0716122152.jpg

0716122152a.jpg
0716122152b.jpg
0716122152c.jpg
0716122153.jpg
0716122153a.jpg

It looks good. You really should cover the girds for the levels though, the spacing of the wire is too big for a rabbit and their feet can get caught. Some coroplast, carpet or something else that is a bit more solid will work.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
It looks good. You really should cover the girds for the levels though, the spacing of the wire is too big for a rabbit and their feet can get caught. Some coroplast, carpet or something else that is a bit more solid will work.

I was waiting for my day off to finish it but now they have fleece covered coroplast mini boxes
FB_IMG_13425714635294725.jpg

I was nervous, too, seeing the grid panels uncovered on the upper level. It looks really nice nowthat it's safely covered! :biggrin2:

It's hard to see perspective, but is that a ramp you have also? I have found that a ramp was never necessary with my NIC cages. They manage to hop up easily enough. -- just something to consider if you'd like to open up more space without a ramp. I know some people like ramps, though. Just a thought:wink

Looks really nice! Ripley would be out in a second though-he can jump over 3 feet high!

I'm just scared in general though about them jumping up-even jumping up a level like that. After having one bunny with hind quarter palaysis from possibly an injured back several years ago, I don't like mine jump too much...it just makes me nervous.

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
I love your cage!!

Did you do this yourself? Or did you follow some kind of detailed instructions (I hope lol)?

I made a standard 2 high x 4 long x 2 wide on the side. then I split the cage down the middle basically making two 4x4x2 cages. Then I just added a second level and a roof. On Reddits side there is a "step" where I connected two pieces perpendicularly to the corner of the cage
0722121657.jpg

0722121656a.jpg

0722121657a.jpg

0722121656.jpg

Latest posts

Back