nic cage questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wabbit1 wrote:
ok so a cage thats about 4 panels long,3 or 4panels wide and 3 panels high means how many grids will i need total ?
About 32 grids :)

wabbit1 wrote:
another thing, where can i buy these online ? i tried walmart, target and no luck but i only went to there websites not the store.
Target has them in store. They are $19.99 a box. Some panels have larger holes then others, in which I suggest putting the larger holes panels not on floor level...they are large enough for a rabbit to trap its head inside the hole, which could be dangerous....

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=40299&forum_id=1&highlight=NIC+cage+warning

Walmart has them in store. White ones for 19.98 and Gold ones for 20 something. They new ones that don't have holes they are sortof a plasic on them.

wabbit1 wrote:
another thing, where can i buy these online ? i tried walmart, target and no luck but i only went to there websites not the store.

I've found them online, but they tend to be more pricey. I have seen them at Aldi stores too. They were the 4-cube design, but were only $10. I've only seen them there twice, and they don't stock them regularly. I check back now and then to see if they have more.

I'm one of those funny people who call the grids "panels". The larger-spaced grids are OK for cages, too, as long as you put them on the bottom, use them in back (up against a wall so bunny can't stick their head through), for the ceiling, or as reinforcement for the shelves (put carpeting or wood/tile over them).

Between 4-5 I think is what I figured out. I sent it in a PM :) Make sure to get a ton of zippy cable ties!

EDIT: Also, if you want to save grids, you can make the bottom out of plywood (cut to the size of the cage). Then, you buy those vinyl stick-on tiles at Home Depot/Menards, etc. and cover the plywood with that. It is very easy to clean (minus the stray poo or hay falling out of the sides of the cage.

Latest posts

Back