newwww !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkandell11

Reaction score
hello there! not yet a bunny parent but soon to be!
so im here to do research and learn as much as
i can before becoming a bunny mom =]

Welcome to the forum!

What are you looking for in a rabbit? Any ideas on a certian breed, or a specific look/size in general?

You're sure to find some great advice here at RO.

:welcome1

actually yes! im very intrested in mini lops :)
I went to a locally owned pet shop and fell in love
with this mini lop. only thing is I wanted to learn
more about the breeds and whats good for a first
time owner :p

Welcome to RO!
Everybody here has a fav breed or five!
Try putting your general location in your profile, so that members can direct you to rabbit shelters, breeders and vets in your area :)

I don't know what area you're in, but you might try to local animal shelter. There are tons of bunnies, young and old, who need to be adopted. I just found a lop at a shelter and he's very tame, a great bunny.

I am in Vacaville, between San Francisco and Sacramento, and there are like over 100 bunnies at the SF shelter. Good luck with your new bunny when you get one.

Welcome to RO

Yeah if you adopt a bunny you will feel really good! And the bunny will be glad of a home. Most of them just sit in a cage for ages...

Anyway! You'll learn a lot from this site and everyone's so friendly!

mini lops are AWESOME!!

my fred is a mini lop, although he can be a handful :biggrin2:

i agree with everyone on adopting. a lot of times also when you adopt they are already neutered or spayed. petfinder.com is a great way to look for adoptable buns in your area. i know of a few in the rescue i work with that i would LOVE to take home!

oh and WELCOME!

I also help at a shelter and know some very nice bunnies I would like to take home. If you go and ask a volunteer about personalities, they can help a lot! Plus nobody has mentioned how expensive speuters are. Neuters can be up to $200 and spays can be more than that. At a shelter, you can usually adopt for $15-40! Not that it doesn't hurt to have some $$ stashed away in case of a medical emergency, but why pay that much for it if you don't have to!

I have mostly minilops and they are totally adorable.

Yes, do try rescue a bun in much need of a home IF and only IF you can.
I mean if you fell in love with one from a pet shop, a shelter, a friend, anywhere, it doesn't matter because you sound like you are prepared to find out lots and be a great bun parent :)

I have mostly had very loving male minilops but at the moment I have a very cuddly girl too...Timmy, she is mad about her cuddles.

I look forward to hearing about your soon to be new companion bunny, there is so much to read on this site, so if you feel a bit overwhelmed about all the inforamtion from housing, to food, to behaviour to illnesses to look out for to bonding etc etc just ask a few questions and we would LOVE to help :biggrin2:

WELCOME =]!!

Mini lops are awseome :p I have two 17 week old mini lops which i actually got from Ofelia ( the person that commented just before me ) and im in loove with them. This is the first time i've owned Mini Lops previously I've had a white either New zealand White, Flemish, etc etc i just knwo it was big :p.
Once you're ready to get a bunny( or bunnies) there'll always be one waiting for you somehwer :) I hope you'll enjoy RO and as the others said we'll love to help you. c u round =]

Prisca :pinkbouce:

Latest posts

Back