Newspaper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover

Reaction score
I was just wondering if newspaper is all rightfor my rabbits to chew on. I have heard that it is bad from some peopleand perfectly fine from others :ponder:. I was going to roll it up andlet them drag it around and rip it to pieces. They got a hold ofaroll of paper towels once and loved it. Well, just wondering.

Lissa

My Rue loves newspaper, and i'm sure she haseaten her fair share. i do try to discourage her from eating it, and sofar she hasn't had any problems. ( i keep a close eye on her)

Nicole

Thanks. I must have over a hundred pictures of Apollo running around with a newspaper hanging out of his mouth.:p

Stephanie, I like the Red Heart too. I was using that to makean afghan for myself when they quit carrying that color. I'm sure I'llfind something for those three rolls.;)Do you crochet orknit?

Tina

I knit. I have some similar to that, but it'sbaby and doesn't have the yellow in it. I think I saw it at Michaels uphere though, or maybe Walmart. If I see some, want me to pick some upfor you?

That's sweet of you Stephanie, butthat's ok. I already started a new afghan for myself using somedifferent colors. I crochet but would love to learn to learn how toknit one day. Dale's mom is learning so maybe I can get her to show me.I got a book but I'm just not getting it.

Tina

I did manage to teach myself, with some helpfrom my mother (who has been knitting since she was in fifth grade). Itis hard to get the hang of, but like anything, as soon as it 'clicks',it's easy.

Those books aren't always easy to follow. Those stupid diagrams aremore confusing than anything. I do have some decent links, if you'rereally interested.

Speaking of knitting, of to do some! This pattern I'm working on forthe afghan calls for 30 12x12 squares, all a different pattern each.I'm only on square 12 or something like that. lol

Don't feel bad. I have about three or four booksand I still had to look online to compare everything. You should haveseen the emails my mom and I sent back and forth. But once I got it, Ireally got it.

Lissa,
Bindy likes to play with paper as well, she likes ripping it up, sheonly does this in her house though, when she is out and about playingthere is too much other stuff to play with LOL. I haven't hada problem with her and paper, she likes the sound of it.
In saying that maybe just keep an eye on how much paper is actuallybeing ripped or eaten and if you feel there's too much of the latergoing on then take the paper away for a bit.

Thanks Ariel! They don't really eat much ofanything (even treats!) when they are running around. So, I don't thinkI'll have to worry about that too much, but I will keep an eye onthings.

I just want to give them some other things to play with. They seemslightly bored and have been chewing on my carpet :mad:! I hope theywill likechewing on the paper better, it will save what isleft of the carpet if they do.

Lissa

The only paper I give Pebbles is thetelephone book. She hardly touches itthough. She does chew on cardboard, and rips it upwhen she is bored. The paper rolls are usedas throwing toys.

Rainbows! :D

I have used newspaper in my nestboxes for yearswith no bad effects.i got the idea from a breeder who had his bunnys inthe basement its easier to clean up than hay.bluebird

Back