Newly adopted rabbit - what breed is she?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugLady

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

A couple weeks ago I took Rascal (my chocolate dutch) on some bunny dates at a rabbit shelter. Ended up finding a beautiful girl who he seemed to get along with, and took her home. Her name is Appledot (she was named at the shelter). They haven't figured out how to groom each other yet, but they love to play and snuggle, and are very good about sharing their food and space. I'm not sure if I'd call them "bonded" yet, but they're certainly on their way.

I'm wondering if she is any breed in particular, or a mutt?
I think she weighs about 5lbs, very similar in size to Rascal.

8053726890_3178263368.jpg

8053723005_b9a27178bc.jpg

Here is a video:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/weirdbuglady/8032492045

Thanks!

I have no idea but she is so pretty. And I can see from the videothat theyare well addicted to the craisin crack lol.

No clue but she is pretty. They are ADICTED to the craisens arent they.

My guess is a Mini Rex mix. Especially in the first picture, she looks like one. The one thing though, her fur isn't rex/mini rex fur (which is reccessive). And, her head looks big for a mini rex as well as overall size being a little big-So, I don't know what she'd be mixed with. But, a cutie {for sure!}

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Looks a lot like our boy Finn--he's part satin and part mini Rex.

LOL Satin was the other bred I was going to guess was mixed with the bunny but since I don't have a ton of familiarity with that breed I didn't mention that idea.

They're getting along this well after a couple weeks? I am so jealous. I've only had one bond ever go that smoothly. They certainly look bonded to me. Completely relaxed around each other.

Wish I had that kind of good fortune bonding:grumpy:

Bunnylova4eva wrote:
My guess is a Mini Rex mix. Especially in the first picture, she looks like one. The one thing though, her fur isn't rex/mini rex fur (which is reccessive). And, her head looks big for a mini rex as well as overall size being a little big-So, I don't know what she'd be mixed with. But, a cutie {for sure!}

I agree, she looks like a Rex or Mini Rex mix to me. Her features are very similar and like you said, that would explain her normal fur coat.

She does look big for an MR (and small for a standard), but that happens when you mix breeds. :)

Interesting responses - never would have guessed mini rex mix! Thanks :)

She's so full of personality, and yes they do love their craisins. Just started clicker training with Appledot, so soon they'll only be getting treats during training. Rascal already knows four tricks.

They're so well behaved for treats! Qtip will flip out and I'll worry about losing a finger! Or a toe. Or an arm. Whatever happens to be in the way.

They look so cute together!

Latest posts

Back