Newfie how ya gittin' on :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acacia-Berry

Reaction score
:pray:Namaste

Im Amanda from Newfoundland. I first got my job as a bunny slave in 2006 when I was freshly moved out from mom's place after graduating high school. Found an ad for dwarf bunnies out of the city, drive of about 25 minutes from the city in a town called Torbay. They were not breeders but god knows they should not have had Acacia and her 3 siblings in a small cage with their momma! I picked out Acacia admittedly for her coloring, her sister was the same color but a runt and suffering a broken leg and her 2 brothers were all black and boys- (I wanted a girl bc my roommate had a male and we planned on the spay-bond thing for them.) Acacia was my first bunny and most of what I learned I learned from her regarding bunnies.
Akina came to live with me after her previous owner/my cousin could no longer care for her. She should never have gotten her but the breeder did no background check and Akina lived 2 years or so in a barren room with a dirty old phone book and a cat litter box, veggies once or twice a month, bad pellet food from wal mart and whatever scraps the rats living in the same room flicked out (usually canned raviolli or spaghetti-o's or white bread). I agreed to temporarily take Akina while my cousin fixed her life but once I realized what condition she was in I knew she deserved better, so I was going to find her a home-and in the process I fell in love!
Akina was bred by a breeder (though I realize shes scum now) so she has the sweetest personality ever! Before she got sick she would jump on your back and nestle in your arms and was the perfect example of what one would want in a bunny. She did not mind being up in arms and her favorite wa back massages! I favored her play time because I could actually play with her, Acacia is polar opposite!! Until I had her spayed she was wild and no body could touch her or go near her. They hate each other with a passion and always have so they live in seperate pens in their own room which is attached to mine.
I rambled enough about my girlies! Now to explore the forum :)

Welcome to the forum, Amanda!

Great to have you on the forum. Glad you gave Akina a new home and didn't send her back to that bad situation.

We'd love to see pictures of Acacia and Akina :)

No problem! Love to show off my little girls!
blahhhh003.jpg
< Acacia and meeee
blahhhh007.jpg

blahhhh010.jpg

Naaaw very cute bunnies, thanks for sharing!

They are both pretty colours, I especially like Acacia's white spot on her nose! Would love to see a photo of her face from the front, if possible...

Welcome again, I hope you like it here :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Your bunny's are very cute.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back