Newbie Here - Expecting Holland Lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoriamarina

Reaction score
Hello :biggrin

My name is Victoria, I finally am getting my first rabbit. I have had them when i was a young girl but never on my own to take care of, I am getting a buck - Holland Lop.
Here is a photo of him, he is so handsome!
http://tinypic.com/r/1491pxf/6
I will be getting him in 1.5-2 weeks time, so i am just furthering my research and getting more information of how i should prepare for my baby boy!

Love holland lops! And he is too adorable :)

Glad you found us here. Lots of help and bunny info is here!

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the new lil' bunny-He looks JUST like my Ripley is a baby bunny ;)

Oh I love the airplane ears!

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see more pics! :D

aww, what a cutie!

if you do check out the cages we've made, be warned that the NIC/C&C style cages (the ones made with storage cube grids) aren't recommended for babies - I'd say 11-12 weeks for the small breeds. my lionhead was able to get her head stuck in one at 9 weeks but within a couple weeks she couldn't get it through the grid any more.

Imbrium wrote:
aww, what a cutie!

if you do check out the cages we've made, be warned that the NIC/C&C style cages (the ones made with storage cube grids) aren't recommended for babies - I'd say 11-12 weeks for the small breeds. my lionhead was able to get her head stuck in one at 9 weeks but within a couple weeks she couldn't get it through the grid any more.
Good reminder. I never think of that since I've always gotten older bunnies.

heh, easy to remember after you've seen a teeny bunny freaking out and panicking because she couldn't back out and then had to go through a whole ordeal to get her free. I got her to stay still by petting her, but was panicking a little myself and couldn't walk away from her at all so I wasn't coming up with the smartest ideas for getting her loose. long story short, there was a cooking oil mess followed by a trip to the neighbor's house (with Nala, grid and all) at 7:15 in the morning but we eventually got her free. (turned out all I actually had to do was put her ears back through for her and she pulled her head out herself *facepalm*)

Imbrium wrote:
aww, what a cutie!

Oh? Very good to know thank-you so much! This is very useful!

cwolfec wrote:
Oh I love the airplane ears!

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see more pics! :D

Hehe, thank-you i think they are so cute! I will be sure to update when he arrives, it is very exciting to get ready for him to come home.

4iofuh.jpg

<3 Baby Winston!

Oh, words can not express how cute he is, you are certainly a very lucky bun mom to own such a little sweetie! :)

Anyway congrats and welcome to RO! you will find plenty of information here.

Latest posts

Back