New Zealand Breeder - New

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynastydwarfs

Reaction score
Hi - I live in New Zealand, a country down near the bottom of the world. There are not a lot of rabbit breeders down here but we do have a few breeds which are shown under British Rabbit Councilstandards rather than American.

I have been breeding Netherland Dwarfs for 18 years now and I love the arrogance and strong personality of this breed. Because we cannot import new breeds nor stock into New Zealand, some of us have spent the last 5 years reconstructing Jersey Woolly breed to ARBA standards. This was possible because we had French Angora here (now practically lost) and Netherlands Dwarfs so the original crossings were duplicated. While still a long way from the quality shown in the USA, some JWs here are finally getting to standard re looks and coat. They are just sooo cute and seem to love being with people - great for cuddles.

I love the genetics of rabbit coat colour etcand I always have some of my show rabbits as pets. Usually thereare two that live in the house with me although I don't permit them to run around the floor because of computer equipment and heaters.

Regards Deborah

Welcome Deborah!

Looking forward to reading your posts and learning about the breeders "down under" ;)

Pam

Welcome to the forum! This is a great site and very friendly, I think you will like it here and you have a lot of knowledge about breeding to pass along to others.

Sounds like you have a big challenge ahead of you in reconstructing the Jersey Woolly's. Good luck.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Dave

Thank you very much - what a lovely greeting from people! Yes I do hope to post a few topics but it won't be all the time. I suffer a bit from fibromyalgia and the pain etc can make me depressed so I am not always able to get back to people when I should. It is times like that that my rabbits are just wonderful! They don't care what you are like!

Welcome to the forum Dynastydwarfs! :welcome1

It is nice to see another breeder who is dedicated to perfecting a certain breed of rabbits and being able to explain it to regular pet owners. :D

Latest posts

Back