new x-pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bummietime

Reaction score
hi everyone!
i currently have an x-pen that's 24x24...and i'm hoping to get one maybe double the size to put it in the yard so the buns would have lots of room to run around and binky :D

Does anyone have any ideas where to buy a big one or what materials to use to build one?

thanks!

Are we talking a run? Is that what an x-pen in?

My dad made our run from wood and chicken wire. It's really sturdy and the buns love it.

An x-pen is a foldable dog exercise pen. They're good for rabbit cages and for runs.

You can also build a run with NIC panels, like we do cages. Just make sure you're out there with them the whole time.

And if you're talking 24 inches, that's pretty small. For a run, 48x48 inches is still pretty small- not much larger than an XL dog crate. Go as big as you can to give them room to binky and run. You can always make one that is easy to fold up and put away when you put the rabbits back in their cages, so it doesn't take up the whole yard.

Your best bet would be to make an addition to your current pen with some NIC grids. You can either use zap straps and make it foldable or just clip them together with the plastic connectors and take it apart each time.

Sometimes pet stores have sales on x-pens and sometimes Craigslist has some for sale.

And you must post some pictures of your bunnies!! We need more pictures of your cute duo!

--Dawn

thanks for the ideas!!! they're all great
i'll check out the pet store for sales and if no sales, then i'll just add the NIC panels :)
here's what the current xpen looks like
and some extra pictures of my cuties for dawn :p

xpen.jpg

chilling.jpg

tofu2.jpg

oreo.jpg

tofu.jpg

cuddling.jpg

bummietime:

We have a dog kennel which is 14'L by 6'w by 6'h. We put chicken wire on the floor (covered up with dirt), and wire on top. Then we put a pitched wooden roof covered with tarps. The tarps go down partly on the side. We don't want to take away any air circulation or make it too deary. Anyways, we had four rabbit cages (two floors per cage) in the kennel and they also used the place to run. They love to look out on the rocks we placed out there. In fact, we did have to put some boards up for a while, because some of our young bunnies were climbing the fence to get to the cages. Currently, we just use it as a run/play area. We now have five bunnies (two baby dutches, a holland lop and two mini lops).We keep lawn chairs in the kennel run, in which they love to lay on. If you have any other questions regarding the run, feel free to ask. Good luck. :D

I just bought one off the internet, and its 41x32 and theres 6 of them. But you can buy panels to add on to the size seperatly for £10 each. Its the cheapest one I could find, but im sure there are lots more like that.

This one is free UK delivery only - thats why it was so cheap for me.

http://www.thedoginn.com/acatalog/Play_Pen.html

They sell them at pets at home but they are soo small and low, any of my bunnies would jump over them so easily! Pets at homr obviously have no clue about rabbits hehe.

Back