New-Update on Jack (RIP sweet Jack)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the lovely comment Arlette :)

Well,i seem to have misplaced a disk somewhere with my other older pictures on it,i have been looking everywhere...but don't worry i'll find it cause i have lots of cute pictures on there of Jack..

But for now this is Jack's first ever picture i took of him...i didn't have a camera when i first brought the bunnies home....so this picture was like a couple months after..

SO... JUST LOOK AT MY BABY!....hehe..i got carried away...when i find the disk i'll post more :)

This picture was taken back in 2005

000_0069.jpg

I think you got that right Sas...Jack is just so darn good looking...if i do say so myself

Rebecca..i know!...he's looks so so verysweet

I remember the daywhen i went to get him desexed,the girls asked me was i showing him lol....i didn't know much about bunnies then.

I foundtwo morecute pictures of him...just look at his cute baby face!

92de5659.jpg

a139af5e.jpg

:inlove:

Just wanted to post this picture of Jack sitting with 'part' of his family...there is Marshmallow who is looking at the camera,Cassidy,Daisy and Maggie..Jack would be around two years old here...

This picture was taken in 2006

Oh my goodness i could keep posting old pictures and take a trip down memory lane.

000_1223.jpg

Oh those baby photos are so precious! I also love the big snuggle bunny pile! I'd love to have a bunch of bunnies that did that--they all look so happy. :inlove:

I know Claire...they are so very precious...just look how darn adorable he was when he was little :D

Jack and the bunnies are munching on some watermelon just now...the one's that don't eat watermelon have some apple.

Thought i would just squeeze in one more picture from 2005..;)

000_0701.jpg

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:

I remember giving Watermelon to Monsters she had a red face afterwards way to cute. :)

LOL..yeah i just love watching the bunnies eat watermelon,the juice drips down their mouth lol....haha they even lick the juice up from the plate....can't waste none ;)

Jack is doing well...he's eating a bit of banana at the moment...which he snatched out of my hand lol.

Lately though,he has learned to roll himself over on his other side...i don't think he does it intentionally though...he doesn't seem to like that side and to me he just doesn't look comfy..so i always turn him back....he doesn't do it a lot,just sometimes...but i do know that it's good for him to have a change.

I remember when all this first happened...and i was just so terrified to even think about moving him onto his other side..i was so scared that i was gonna hurt him..i'm such a nut sometimes...i worry to much lol.

He still puts up with his butt baths....he's pretty good..but sometimes he will wriggle around....i don't really blame him though...cause i wouldn't like it either.

You know..Jack has had no bad days for such a long time now...he's been great...his appetite is still as healthy as ever.....but i do have one worry though..i'm noticing he's losing a bit of weight....i don't know if that's normal or not....

But all in all he's doing great...i treasure every day that i have with Jack...he's a special boy..always has been.

Hi Cheryl good to hear from you.
I happy to hear Jack isn't having anymore bad days.

About his weight loss. Same thing was happening Monsters. I switched her over to Alfalfa pellets and started to free feed her.
So If you can you should give Jack Alfalfa pellets and try some oats. I'm sure Oat Hay would be good too.

Give Jack a kiss for me.:kiss:

Hey Rebecca,

Yeah things have been pretty good with Jack.

With the pellets,he already gets lucerne/alfalfa pellets...we call alfalfa... lucerne,they are the only kind of pellets we can get here,which sucks badly....but yeah i keep feeding him pellets all the time,veggies,some fruit,i just don't know what to do to get his weight up....he has such a healthy appetite though...so i don't know what else to do...but keep feeding him lots...he will let me know when he's had enough to eat cause he will turn away..probably thinking...for geez mum quit pushing food in front of me lol...he also has oat hay as that is all i buy cause that is the best we have here.

Did Monsters eventually put any weight back on? was ther anything else you did for her?

I came home from work not long ago and Jack was off his blanket

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry to hear all this has been happening with Jack:(
But it sounds to me like you're giving him an absolutely wonderful quality of life!
Flame would wet himself with joy if I gave him half as much attention and worry as you give Jack, and he's spoiled enough as it is:p
(It cut off half my reply for some reason? Anyway, here's the rest of it)
I'm sure Jack loves you all the more for it, even with the butt-baths. In the pictures, he always looks so happy and content just to have what he's got, like he won't even recognize that he's disabled at all :D I'm sure you'll have many more happy days with your sweetheart of a bun.

I'll be thinking of you both,

~Diana

cheryl wrote:
Hey Rebecca,
Did Monsters eventually put any weight back on? was ther anything else you did for her?

I came home from work not long ago and Jack was off his blanket

Cheryl,
Monsters was not able to put the weight back on :(
There wasn't anything else I did for her besides feed her as much hay she wanted and her pellets.

Wow Jack was off his balnkie he's doing good moving around by himself :) Or he had the other guys push him :p

Poor Monsters...i know how you feel...really...we just try so hard to do everything we can for our beloved pets...and it's hard.

When my Pippi had health issues due to EC..he lost a lot of weight..i tried and tried to do everything i could for him,just to try and get some weight back on..but i knew it was never gonna happen...god i miss that boy...and going through this with Jack brings back so many sad memories of Pippi..what we went through...and now Jack...

Anyway i suppose as long as Jack has a healthy appetite that is the main thing at the moment..he can eat whatever he wants...

When i came home from work yesterday and Jack was off his blankie,i was thinking he might of got a bit warm as the day ended up getting a bit hot..it wasn't mean't to be a hot day otherwise i would have put a sheet on top of his bed to lay on...

Jack still moves himself a bit..he doesn't move far...as he more or less turns himself around...but yeah i'm thinking he might of just been a bit warm that day...he's a clever boy.

Latest posts

Back