New to the rabbit world

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippidy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I don't have a rabbit yet and I have never had one before so this is all new to me. I've been reading articles and links I've found on the forum so far. I want to make sure I'm well educated before getting my bunny!

I plan to get my bunny after I sign a lease for an apartment. I'm hoping I can convince my mom to let it live here until I move out (for school). She is acting the way she did when I started asking for rats (saying "not in my house!" and all that jazz) and that turned out with 3 rats so it's looking good so far ;) She doesn't have a very convincing no lol.

Welcome to RO! I love rats :) Good choice to become an educated bunny momma keep us updated on what you decide :)

congrats for doing your homework :)

bunnies are absolutely amazing pets so i hope you find the right one.

i personally try and encourage people to adopt rather than buy, it works out cheaper in the end (reduced costs of spay/neuter) plus you get to save a life! how cool is that?

if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask !

Welcome to RO. You've come to a great forum to get more information on. Many here are knowledgeable and very friendly.

I hope that you find that breed that is perfect for you. :)

I'm not sure what kind of rabbit I will be getting. I love lop's but fate has pushed me towards an angora rabbit so we will have to see what happens. I have another thread going about allergies with different breed of rabbit so that's also helping me decide.

I will definitely adopt 100% there are way too many homeless bunnies (there is a shelter with 300 by me) around not to adopt!

I wonder if anyone else here has rats :biggrin: I came over here because a girl on my rat forum, Goosemoose, gave me the link.

Welcome to RO and good on you for looking into adoption! Actually I dont know if you know this but Petco has an adoption event going on Feb 12-13 1-2pm :) it might be worth checking out as well

Oh that's right! I volunteer at a shelter that rents out space in the back of a petco (used to be a doggy day camp) and I remember hearing their add for the event. I will have to check that out :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to RO and kudos for taking the adoption option! :)

I'm owned by two male ratties myself and actually volunteer at a rat sanctuary. :biggrin:

there are quite a few people on this forum who also have rats, i can't think of who off the top of my head but i know there are some others

Latest posts

Back