New to the forum: North Florida Flemish Giant Lovers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlemishFloridians

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Our family loves rabbits, especially the giant breeds. We live in Northern Florida in a smaller city, outside of Jacksonville. Our youngest kid (14,) was the original person in the family that became interested in keeping rabbits. I kept rabbits for years when I was younger prior to moving to Florida, but never knew the joys of having a gigantic rabbit in my life. :)

Velvet (Flemish F) is about 18 months, and Pinto (Flemish M) is about 8 months old. We added both buns to the family when they were young, with Velvet first and Pinto this year in January.

The pair just became proud parents early this morning! We know that it is likely that not all of the kittens will survive but hoping for the best (she had 10 in all). We moved Pinto into an adjacent cage that the pair can still see each other, smell each other, lick faces, etc., just not become immediately pregnant again. These buns are the sweetest things ever.

Nice to meet ya'll!

Attachments

• Parent Bunnies.jpg
    Parent Bunnies.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Buns3.JPG
    Buns3.JPG
    773.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Buns2.JPG
    Buns2.JPG
    722.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Bunnies.jpg
    Bunnies.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi everyone! Our family loves rabbits, especially the giant breeds. We live in Northern Florida in a smaller city, outside of Jacksonville. Our youngest kid (14,) was the original person in the family that became interested in keeping rabbits. I kept rabbits for years when I was younger prior to moving to Florida, but never knew the joys of having a gigantic rabbit in my life. :)

Velvet (Flemish F) is about 18 months, and Pinto (Flemish M) is about 8 months old. We added both buns to the family when they were young, with Velvet first and Pinto this year in January.

The pair just became proud parents early this morning! We know that it is likely that not all of the kittens will survive but hoping for the best (she had 10 in all). We moved Pinto into an adjacent cage that the pair can still see each other, smell each other, lick faces, etc., just not become immediately pregnant again. These buns are the sweetest things ever.

Nice to meet ya'll!
They're gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back