New to the forum and nervous

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evansrabbitranch

Reaction score
Hello all, I joined this forum after being kicked off another and not really sure why. I had been taking in rabbits in need and placing them. Was sharing the story of what happened this last time around and now I can not go back.

I do not want to share any past as I do not want to be banned again but am happy to see breeders are allowed here. I am afraid I may have been banned because I know 4hers and breeders which were not allowed in the other forum I was on.

Chinny is my current and at least for a while, only rabbit. She is about 3 months and was resulted from a bad incident I am afraid I was misled into helping ultimately setup. I felt so responsible I took her away from them and now she is safe and healthy. I would rather not go into her past any more than that for fear of rejection or retaliation such as occurred in the other forum.

Please say we can stay. I have so much I want to learn and share, but . . . we've been burned and are very nervous and shy. . . .

Kathy and Chinny

I know that some forums seems to be ban happy. You say one thing and they attack you and will even bring up things posted 1-2 years before just to get you. With these place, you either have to agree 100% with them or leave. Not much you can do other than just move on and learn from it.
Here, there are breeders, 4-H people, pet owners, rescuers and others. For the most part, we all get along. While there are disagreements, they are usually kept to a minimum and people rarely get banned. Any banning is after repeated issues, not just you do one thing and are gone.

It is good that you have decided to come to a different forum. Hopefully you will find good info and stay a while.

Welcome to Rabbits Online :)

Thank you! I find your post encouraging. It may take time to open up a bit after what happened, but I think I will do well here. I have been poking around and it looks great here. I currently have Chinny in a cage my daughter built as a homeschool project but once our tax return arrives we are buying a cage off ebay that is nice. I am leary of using a solid bottomed cage after losing some rabbits to illness in some but this one is so spacious I am hoping she will not have issues. It is made with NIC cubes and cloropast (or something like that). Going to have 3 levels with jump spots to get to the next level instead of ramps. I have had bad experiences with ramps too. Plus Chinny loves to jump. I think it will give her an outlet for it that will be safe. Will post pics when I have it and it is setup. I am researching what to lign the floors with though, its new to me.

dont be nervous. you arent going to get banned because you were once a breeder or are friends with breeders or anything.

in actual fact, good breeders are celebrated as they often give us a wealth of information on proper care of rabbits plus supply us with endless pics of adorable baby bunnies.

im sorry you had a bad experience on your old forum, i guarantee you'll like it much better here. :)

Welcome to RO!

As Kate said, we've got a pretty diverse group here. Sometimes there are disagreements, but for the most part we all get along pretty good. The diversity, I think, only adds to the wealth of knowledge available here at RO. :)

Just so you know, we like pictures! ;)

Rue

Chinny.jpg

That's my Chinny. Her father was a siamese sable and her mum a gold tipped steel. The biggest reason I get so sad is that unfortunately her mom and sibblings got sick and died. She and her father were the only ones to survive. Even then her dad ended up with bad issues and had to go to a special place for animals with bad illnesses through my vet. He had started biting, boxing and generally attacking everything. If I had not known better I would have thought he had rabbies he was acting so "off". Turned out to be a deeply set abscess in his neck, my vet says he should recover and be very happy with his new people. Thankfully Chinny remains very healthy for us.

evansrabbitranch wrote:
Chinny.jpg

That's my Chinny. Her father was a siamese sable and her mum a gold tipped steel. The biggest reason I get so sad is that unfortunately her mom and sibblings got sick and died. She and her father were the only ones to survive. Even then her dad ended up with bad issues and had to go to a special place for animals with bad illnesses through my vet. He had started biting, boxing and generally attacking everything. If I had not known better I would have thought he had rabbies he was acting so "off". Turned out to be a deeply set abscess in his neck, my vet says he should recover and be very happy with his new people. Thankfully Chinny remains very healthy for us.

ooooooooooomgggggg soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute

Very beautiful baby. As stated above there are plenty of people here with all sorts of backgrounds. Yes we have our disagreements but i think we all respect each others choices and experiences. Hope you enjoy your stay and welcome to RO.

Oh and if you need help placing rescues theres a thread designed specifically for that if you are ever to need it :)

Ok here is the new guy. Turns out its a permanent, they can not take him back kind of thing. The repairs they need to do would inhibit their being able to care for him properly. Apparently he had free reign in the kitchen so the only cage they had for him was one they used to go to the vet. I called H&R Block and they said we should have our money tomorrow. I think I found a good way to make our own cages, yea! Here are a few pics, anyone know his color? I was told blue pointed, but he looks more siamese sable to me . . .

DSCF4528.jpg

DSCF4527.jpg

DSCF4529.jpg

They are sending me his pedigree and any other papers they might have for him. I did not catch his name either. So he may need a name.

Wow, beautiful buns! And welcome to Rabbits Online which, in my experience, has definitely been the friendliest bunny related forum :)

Out of curiosity, was the forum you were kicked off of before Bunspace? Because I had a nasty experience quite similar to the one you were describing. They have a bit of a reputation for that sort of thing.

I did not want to bash another forum but yes it was bunspace, I got attacked on there like 3 or 4 times and reported each one but nothing happened then bam I am banned. I guess they do not like complainers.

Well now I am being tol that Blue Dragon (the fluffy bun) may be smoke pear lol. I am taking him to my daughter's 4H meeting tomorrow night so folks can look him over. The people we ogot him from had apparently bred his parents to get him and are angry that we are questioning his color, but I see nothing blue about this rabbit. Oh and he is an FA, French Angora. Such a fluffy boy!

Hi, first off, welcome :biggrin2:

Second, I wanted to say, I dont know EVERYTHING about bunnies and there coloring but I know quite a bit and I think the people you got your angora from are correct, Im almost certain he is a blue. He is a pretty blue at that. He isnt a smoke pearl as there coloring is different form his. They have more of a soft smokey (sometimes chocolatey) color rather than a rich blue/gray. You can google both colors and find many pictures of blue angoras that look identical to yours. I attached a pic of each, a blue french angora and a smoke pearl angora so you can see the difference in each.

Blue

Smoke pearl

And if your still confused on his color, post pic's of him here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=8 There will be lots of people there that can tell you his coloring.

Maybe I took bad pics because I look at him and I see the color from the 2nd pic you put up. I had a blue satin angora before and a blue english and both were not this rabbits color. There is nothing blue about this guy. His nose is black and bleeds out to a chocolatey brown then to the odd, not white wool. I looked up blue point rabbit pics and got nothing, tried looking for blue himi rabbit pics and got nothing lol. I will try to get better pics because he does not look like the first photo you posted. This first pic you posted has clean gray, almost white wool, his is like coffee with a lot of cream if that makes sense at all.

Latest posts

Back