New to Rabbits Online!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadPaws

Reaction score
Da Boyz:

OeTEker.png

Thor is the Broken Tort and Loki is the Broken Black
They are double maned Lionheads
Sorry if image is huge.

I'm MeadPaws, the boys are a little over eight weeks old, and a handful! I'm a lunch lady with a lot of time on my hands, I love my school district and being a happy crafty bunny mama.

Currently the boys are terrorizing the kitchen, getting hay, pellets, and water everywhere. I'm letting them run around while I get ready to serve breakfast at the school.

I got the boys because my partner travels three weeks out of the month, and I am all by myself, I needed somebun to liven up the apartment, and believe me they do it! I'm introducing them to the liter box, orchard grass, lots of timothy, and pellets for young rabbits. I have added in very small amounts of cilantro.

Welcome to the forum!

It seems like you are very knowledgable on the care of rabbits, and rabbits in general, but I just have one tip: maybe stop the cilantro, grass, and/or other greens you're giving them. It can cause digestive upsets and can sometimes even kill rabbits! You can introduce it into their diet again when they're about six months old.

I don't want to be 'that person' who, as soon as you join the forum start telling you what you're doing wrong, but I just care about the safety of the rabbits. Don't worry, you are doing VERY well compared to most newbies on the forum. A bit too well... You don't seem like much of a newbie. Have you had rabbits before?

Anyways, again, welcome to rabbitsonline!

Hello and welcome to RO! :) I have a lionhead too and a lop called Loki haha. It sounds like your bunnies are very loved. :)

Theres nothing wrong with offering cilantro at this age.
As with anything new in their diet, take it slow and watch for tummy upset.
Youre not doing anything wrong by offering it to them. Most bunnys think cilantro is like crack.
Other herbs and leafy greens can slowly be added over the next month or so.
Their very cute. Welcome to the forum.

Zaiya - I had rabbits as a kid, and unfortunately my mother wasn't too knowledgeable, and looking back I feel so bad for my boys, they never got treats or greens, and spent a lot of time in their cages. :( (Yami and George were an impulse Easter gift from a realative. ><) They were very well loved and lived 8 years, but I know much more about them now that I am an adult and can research.

I've heard mixed reviews about cilantro, at the suggestion of the breeder I offered it to them. Loki LOVES IT and I watch him closely/make sure he's not eating much. Thor wont even try it and sticks to his hay and pellets. Loki is my outgoing, "HOLD ME NOW MOM" and Thor's more reserved, "I'll be over here", he observes and takes his time. I've had them two weeks now.

Thanks for the welcome, and the advice. :)

A lot of research went in to me getting my guys, I looked at hedgies, sugar gliders, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. The moment I laid eyes on my boys, I knew they were the ones, I went home, brushed up on bunny knowledge, added a lot more to my repertoire and asked to bring them home.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum, Loki and Thor are two very cute bunnies :)

I'm not sure if you've read about this yet, but as they mature, they may be inclined to fight with one another as their hormone levels increase, so just a warning to keep an eye out for any unwanted behaviour like that :)

Oh Oh yeah, thank you. We've spoken to a vet about neutering and rebonding once they're older. So far they're best bros, once they hit about four months I'm going to seperare them and supervised visits, cages close so they're not lonely at night. Will that ge helpful?

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thor looks just like our newest rescue, Mr Hoppes, our first Lion Head. You will have to find a bunny savvy vet and get them neutered or else they will start fighting. Our vet says 4 months is good for boys.

Latest posts

Back