New to Forums, and New to Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eel_oh_Eel

Reaction score
Hello! After a lot of thought, I recently decided to adopt a bunny from a rescue - This was after months of research, and about one month of looking at different rescues on an almost daily basis. I feel I'm very well informed on the basics, but know that it's good to have a reliable resource to go to for those odd issues and questions that one new to owning a pet may encounter :)

I moved in with my boyfriend about a year ago, he had a bunny. (A Giant Chinchilla rabbit, I believe - She's about twelve pounds.) I'd always considered bunnies to be along the lines of hamsters as far as personality goes, and my GOD was I wrong! I'm a long-time rat owner, and that bunny could have given my rats a run for their money in a battle of wits!

Anyhow, after doing a lot of research on introductions, problems that can occur when you when you have a long-term established bunny, such and such, we brought home Finnegan (who is subject to name change, his name isn't quite fitting his personality.)

I hope to shower you all with photos and ask for advice when needed. I already have a question, which is why I found this place, so you can read a little more about Finnegan in a soon-to-be upcoming post about litter training.

Thanks!
Katy

Hello and Welcome to RO :)

Good for you for adopting a bunny - the shelters really are over flowing and you've just helped them :)
Well done,

Hope to hear alot about your bunnies and see pictures, we are willing to answer any of your questions here :)

:wave:hello and welcome. good on you for adopting a bunny and thinking things thru first. have had rats myself know exactly what you mean. just replace ratitude with bunitude and you wont go wrong:biggrin2:

Unfortunately, the rats are angry - The bunny is in a temp cage and the bar spacing is big enough that the rats could get through it - And I am NOT going to subject a bunny t that! Which means, until bunny gets a cage with smaller spacing, they're (the rats) stuck with playtime in the bathroom - Which is MUCH more boring then my animal-proofed bedroom of wonders! :p

Also, he moves so much that I can't get any GREAT pictures, but here he is!

bun01.jpg

He was surrendered with his mother and father - His dad was a lop, his mom was not. I'm not in the know on bunny genetics. Is there any change his ears could lop, or are they born with them either up or down?

love that expression! have otter rexes meself so cant help you with lop ears. you could try posting in the main forum - there are lots of lops on here:biggrin2:

really miss my rats - husband has refused to have anymore in the kitchen:(am hoping one of the children will go for one in the bedroom:pray:

Latest posts

Back