New to forum and new Bunnies :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kangaroog311

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to this sight and a new bunny owner. My husband and I are great friends with a pet shop owner. We always visit him once a week just to look at the new animals and help take the small outs and handle them so they are well behaved when they find their forever home. But one week when we were in there, there was this very tiny Dutch bunny and I fell in love. My husband surprised me and brought the bunny home and he is just wonderful bunny. But a few weeks later we were in the pet shop and another bunny I like (a female English Stop) had been injured by a very aggressive male rabbit. So I brought her home, fixed her with help from the vet and now we have two bunnies. I know bunnies can breed like crazy so I got my male bunny fixed but he continues to hump her after two weeks of being neutered and I don't know what to do? :? I don't want to get injured again...

Is the female spayed? If not, you need to separate them for a while. Males have active sperm for about a month after they are neutered.

After the active sperm is gone though, humping is fine as long as they're both ok with it :)

Also, welcome :)

Once the testicles are removed, a rabbit can no longer produce sperm. However, it's possible that some residual sperm will be in the vas deferens (the tubes leading to the testicles). So until those sperm die off or the rabbit, um, releases them from his body, he could still be fertile. This can take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks.

As for the humping, it can take 3 to 6 weeks for hormones to disappear. And since it can be difficult to bond hormonal bunnies, most people keep them separated for the full 6 weeks just to be on the safe side. If your female is putting up with the humping, though, this isn't so much an issue.

Hope that helps!

Rue

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back