New to Bunnies!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiniBunny

Reaction score
Hi I am Pickles (a rabbit) I want to be adopted. My hopefully soon owner wants to learn MORE about rabbits. She has already researched a lot. :) Thanks

-Pickles

Welcome!
Feel free to ask questions, we will all do our best to answer them for you.
Good job on doing your research, their care and husbandry is very different then what most people think.

Hello, we recently discovered this forum and find it to be highly informative. We are new to having rabbits. We have done lots of reading before we got them. We have two male lops Coco and Flopsy. We have had them for 3 months, got them at 3 months. They had a vet check and were neutered last week. They had a speedy recovery and are great mates. We live in an apartment with a rooftop. They get plenty of exercise on the rooftop and free roam in our flat for 2-4 hours. Overnight they stay in their room. So far so good.
I have a question about toilet training.
We have successfully trained them to urinate in a large tub with hay and rabbit safe paper litter. Flopsy toilet trained himself shortly after being neutered, both wees and poos in the tub, which is great. Coco is taking longer, he wees in the tub but still poos as he explores. It almost seems like he poos involuntary. We would greatly appreciate any tips. I read that this territorial behaviour could subside as his testosterone levels reduce. Is that correct? See pics attached. Fopsy is white/brown and Coco is brown. Wonderful forum!

Attachments

• 6C612266-D96C-4547-8EDA-35FA1F4C103A.jpeg
    6C612266-D96C-4547-8EDA-35FA1F4C103A.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 347ECB2C-4C69-4AFD-85A9-3C412E10738B.jpeg
    347ECB2C-4C69-4AFD-85A9-3C412E10738B.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 7
  • BEE35E83-C8B6-42B8-B10E-7EEA32B1298D.jpeg
    BEE35E83-C8B6-42B8-B10E-7EEA32B1298D.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 8
  • D511785E-EDA2-4D0B-A17E-650117FAF366.jpeg
    D511785E-EDA2-4D0B-A17E-650117FAF366.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 9
Hello, we recently discovered this forum and find it to be highly informative. We are new to having rabbits. We have done lots of reading before we got them. We have two male lops Coco and Flopsy. We have had them for 3 months, got them at 3 months. They had a vet check and were neutered last week. They had a speedy recovery and are great mates. We live in an apartment with a rooftop. They get plenty of exercise on the rooftop and free roam in our flat for 2-4 hours. Overnight they stay in their room. So far so good.
I have a question about toilet training.
We have successfully trained them to urinate in a large tub with hay and rabbit safe paper litter. Flopsy toilet trained himself shortly after being neutered, both wees and poos in the tub, which is great. Coco is taking longer, he wees in the tub but still poos as he explores. It almost seems like he poos involuntary. We would greatly appreciate any tips. I read that this territorial behaviour could subside as his testosterone levels reduce. Is that correct? See pics attached. Fopsy is white/brown and Coco is brown. Wonderful forum!

Welcome to the forum! I love your bunnies! The lop ears are so cute :D
I think that he should start to use the litterbox to poop more consistently after a few more weeks like you said.
I’ve heard that some rabbits actually don’t know when they’re pooping, but that may not be the case.
I would suggest picking the poop up and putting it in the tray each time he does it, and then spraying the area with vinegar and water solution (I do 1/2 and 1/2).

I love their room! So many toys! I need to get Apollo that tunnel! And that little wooden bed! Where did you get it from if you know?

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback! I will definitely try that this week. My vinegar solution is 1/4 vinegar to 3/4 water. I'll adjust to 1/2 and 1/2. Thanks for the tip.

I got the doll's bed and cat tunnel from Ikea.

Your bunny Apollo is super cute! Love his markings!

Back