New thing's happening around my house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIpitydane

Reaction score
I haven't posted much lately...and honestly it's kinda hard since losing Nelson....I mean...I'm not rabbitless by any stretch...and my hairball Elton is still just as precious to me...but this place just reminds me so much of my loss....I'm still so heartbroken. BUT, I decided that maybe it would be a little theraputic to post some positive thing's that have been happening lately. First off...I have obtained my first show bunny....a black otter mini rex...we actually got her from a friend just a day before I lost Nelson...she's a gorgeous girl and is 3 month's old...I will post pic's soon...THEN....the day that I actually lost Nelson...an odd thing happened. My neighbor(who can't stand us actually lol) came over and since she knew we had several pets, asked if I had lost a rabbit...Well...just having buried my Nelson said "yes I did"....she says, "well it's in my yard" lol...It took me a moment but I realized finally that I had Nel's so much on my mind that I didn't get that she was saying there was a stray bun in her flower bed. I told her I'd come help so we went over and after a few maneuver's and ingenuity we caught her. Just a little agouti colored, one ear up, on ear down kinda gal...small and young...she look's maybe three or so month's old. So she's here...my oldest daughter has latched onto her and insists that Nelson sent her here in his place, lol...which I gotta admit it was pretty coincidental...and then of course we have Brandon, the little half starved, anemic bun from the unscrupulous breeder mentioned in a previous post. So, suddenly it is bunny heaven around here. Brandon is up on petfinder's with the local bunny rescue so maybe he can find an adoptive family....the little garden girl...I dunno...maybe I'm supposed to keep her...maybe she and Elton could form a bond...he has to miss Nelson, they were together constantly. I will post updated Brandon pic's soon...he has already gained a few ounces in weight and has stopped obsessing over food. I'll also put some up of garden girl and of the new mini rex soon. Thank's bunny board for being here. It's been a rough week.

Oh Erin I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how hard it is to come back to the forum. I have to agree that maybe Nelson sent the "garden girl" to be with y'all and I'm sure he's watching over the rest of your herd. Can't wait to see pics!

P.S. Where are you in Arkansas? I have a ton of "kin-folk" in and from Arkansas!

Back