New RO from Ohio

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Peggy...I live in Geauga County, OH. I am kinda new to the rabbit world. About 2 years ago, my husband and I got my oldest daughter a rabbit. Her name is Gracie and she is French Lop and she is about 3 yrs old. Once Gracie got used to us, both my husband & I learned that rabbits have personality. About a month ago, I decided to get a rabbit that was all my own. I decided to get an American Fuzzy Lop. His name is Trouble and he is 3 months old. I absolutely love my bunny. He brings a smile to my face when I need it the most. Two weeks ago, my youngest daughter got a bunny. It's name is Shadow and it is about 2 months old. I say it because the little girl that we purchased the rabbit from was obviously new at determining the sex of the bunny so until I can get it to the vet...we just call it by its name.

I am very proud of my girls and how well they take care of their bunnies. Just as mom learns something new about rabbits everyday so do the girls. We all love our bunnies. I find it interesting that Gracie has the same type of temperament and personality as my oldest daughter, Trouble and I share temperament and personality and my youngest daughter and Shadow have the same temperament and personality. I recently told my husband that having a bunny was just like having a dog only it doesn't bark :)

Hi Peggy

Welcome to RO.

Your Bunnies are adorable.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories about your bunnies. Now your husband needs his own bunny.:biggrin: Are they all housedc in the same room? Are you going to try to bond any of them?

You should start a Blog for them.

Susan :)

Yes, they are all in the house but in separate cages...They take turns running around the house...trouble is usually in the morning just after I get up (and have my first cup of coffee)...then Gracie get to run around in the afternoon while the girls are outside and Shadow gets the evening to run around. As for my husband having his own bunny...I think he just happy that Trouble is a male and therefore he isn't the only male in the house...The bunnies we alternatives to dogs cause he can't have dogs where we are at.

As for a blog...not sure about that...I am so busy with the girls plus I take care of my disabled dad (who by the way loves the bunnies as much as we do)...he lives right next door to us...so I am pretty busy going back and forth between the two homes. I had a friend that recommended that I get the girls involved in 4H with their bunnies but I don't even know where to start.

Hello, welcome to RO, this is the best website for bunnies and bunny slaves, it has everything you need to know and lots of friendly people.
I love your bunny's name, Trouble, heheh that's so funny!
If you have time you should post pics and a blog. You don't have to write all the time, you can do that when you have time. It's fun. I took long to figure out it's really easy, now I wish I could have done it before. It's just like posting here, but you can post and share experiences, pics, etc, pretty nice. :)
Ah, you figured the secret - rabbits have better personalities than dogs and even people ;)

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

They're so cute!! Welcome, we love new members! :)Make sure to get them fixed when they're 4 months or so. Check out www.rabbit.org for all the best info, especially on care, housing and diet. Not sure how old your girls are but be careful holding them, most buns don't like to be picked up. They will kic, squirm and buck their way out of it and can injure their back or legs very easily. :hugsquish::big kiss::bunnydance::bunnybutt::rabbithop

:wave:

Hi and welcome. I'm pretty new here too. I have my bunny for about 2 weeks and decided to get one after seeing the beautiful bunnies at a fair in Ohio. I'm from Pa, but was visiting my brother in Cleveland.

Back