New rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklily28

Reaction score
Hi! I just got a new rabbit 2 days ago, she's adwarf mix and is a little over a year old. She's a good bunny, butseems to be absolutely terrified of me. When im at another place in theroom, she hops around her cage and plays. But whenever I get near her,she hides in the corner and shakes. Is this normal behavior, and whatcan I do to get her to trust me?

blacklily28 wrote:
....Is this normal behavior, and what can I do toget her to trust me?

Time. Give her a little bit of slack. Bunnies don'tlike change and this is a major change!. She's being a verynormal, cautious rabbit. Talk to her soothingly, babytalk, ina high pitch. They seem to like that.Don't attemptto grab her, just yet. Let her come toyou. Offer healthy treats. She'll be much morecomfortable with you in a week or two.

In the meantime, link tohttp://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=1649&forum_id=1&highlight=cheatforsome good general information about rabbits.

Welcome to the world of rabbit fancying! Hard to find afriendlier place than here, where no one has an agenda or ax to grindand most everyone's opinion is respected if delivered in a civil manner.

Buck

Hi blacklily28,welcome! Is your rabbit a rescuerabbit? Sometimes, depending on their past, they can be more skittishthan usual. 2 days isn't all that long and I'm sure she'llsoon come around. I found with one of my rabbits, that if I 'ignored'him, he would get curious and make his way over to me, and by takingthings slowly he came around. Like Buck said, it does take time - Iknow it's hard when they are so cute and we just want to cuddle them -but it is worth waiting for. Good luck - Jan

Latest posts

Back