New Rabbit Owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotsoluffles

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. My name is Lisa, and I am a first-time rabbit owner. I bought Sweet Pea from a pet store quite a distance away from home. I had originally intended to adopt a large, adult rabbit, but instead ended up with a small, baby rabbit. I don't regret it in the least! She's super sweet and loving. She's also a "he;" the pet store had her in the wrong cage! ...But after 6 to 7 months of calling her a "she," I don't think she minds anymore. ;)

She's a mix breed as far as I can tell, but looks closest to a Chestnut Agouti Mini-Lop. She can still bring her ears about half way up when she wants to hear something, but otherwise keeps them down.

Anyway, since she's my first bun (as an adult), I tend to worry about things that may seem silly to experienced owners. When I make a crazy "OH DEAR GOD, HER NAILS ARE LONG! IS SHE DYING?!" type of thread, if you can, stop laughing long enough to give me a serious answer. Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you make a great bunny mom and congratulations on sweet pea! Pictures are always welcome the easiest way to upload is through photobucket

woahlookitsme wrote:
Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you make a great bunny mom and congratulations on sweet pea! Pictures are always welcome the easiest way to upload is through photobucket
Thanks, WoahLook! And since you suggested it.... :biggrin2:

Sleepytime!
Bundled Up

She wasn't too happy about the second picture; I only use the towel when I'm geting ready to deal with her nails. She hates having her nails trimmed!

Congratulations from someone not far away. Right across the Delaware.

No chuckles, no stupid questions. No question is EVER ignored. Not here.

So don't think someone out there is laughing at you. Even the most hardened breeder has questions.

Better ask than regret.

Sweet pea is a doll! Love the pics. Thanks for sharing.

Look forward to discussing all our favorite subject....bunnies.

And please more pics! We love them here!

K :)

woahlookitsme wrote:
So Cute!! I love bunflops and ZzZzZz pictures :)
I wish I had a proper picture of all her silly laying positions. As cute as the bunny flop is, seeing her feet out behind her and her front feet laid out like she's getting ready for tea is too cute!

ZRabbits wrote:

So don't think someone out there is laughing at you. Even the most hardened breeder has questions.

Better ask than regret.

I'm closer than Philly, assuming you mean New Jersey! I'm closer to the state line.

As far as first rabbits go, she's probably the best I could hope for. She's sweet and very calm, not to mention very forgiving! She doesn't bite and doesn't box, but she is prone to flipping her water dish when she doesn't have enough toys.

I'll still ask questions, but they're going to be mostly filled with worry and over-examination of basic rabbit actions I haven't seen her do yet.

Welcome to Rabbits Online, where you'll find lots of info and lots of bunny lovers!!
Don't worry if you suddenly get desperate about nails or anything like that. We all passed (or still pass) through similar things. I personally encourage you to post all your questions, it's always better to be safe than sorry! There are many experienced people here who can help you.
I hope you start a blog for Sweat Pea and post pics and stories... :wave2:sunshine::wave:

lotsoluffles wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:

Better ask than regret.

I'm closer than Philly, assuming you mean New Jersey! I'm closer to the state line.

As far as first rabbits go, she's probably the best I could hope for. She's sweet and very calm, not to mention very forgiving! She doesn't bite and doesn't box, but she is prone to flipping her water dish when she doesn't have enough toys.

I'll still ask questions, but they're going to be mostly filled with worry and over-examination of basic rabbit actions I haven't seen her do yet.

Regarding her water bowl, been there. Dobby loves to rearrange his living area, and that means his food bowl and his water bowl, and his litter box. He's our in-house mover. Always showing his strength. We did get a heavy bowl for his water so that's not all over. Still likes his food dish and rearrange his litter box. But hey, it's good trait. They like to investigate. Their curiosity is abounding.

We all worry. We all fret when they do something out of the ordinary. Thank goodness for RabbitOnline. Ask the questions and you get feedback and it helps you calm your fears that your bunny is just being a bunny.

Have fun. She's sounds like a sweet, hence the name Sweet Pea.

Hotmaildeal's suggestions is excellent. Start a blog about your bunny and people will follow the story. It's fun. I did it. And it's good to share your own experience with others. That's what this forum is all about.

Look forward to chatting about all our favorite subject....BUNNIES!

hotmaildeal wrote:
Welcome to Rabbits Online, where you'll find lots of info and lots of bunny lovers!!
Don't worry if you suddenly get desperate about nails or anything like that. We all passed (or still pass) through similar things. I personally encourage you to post all your questions, it's always better to be safe than sorry! There are many experienced people here who can help you.
I hope you start a blog for Sweat Pea and post pics and stories... :wave2:sunshine::wave:
Thank you! And I'll look into making a blog after a check few others to see what it's all about.

ZRabbits wrote:
lotsoluffles wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:

Better ask than regret.

Regarding her water bowl, been there. Dobby loves to rearrange his living area, and that means his food bowl and his water bowl, and his litter box. He's our in-house mover. Always showing his strength. We did get a heavy bowl for his water so that's not all over. Still likes his food dish and rearrange his litter box. But hey, it's good trait. They like to investigate. Their curiosity is abounding.

We all worry. We all fret when they do something out of the ordinary. Thank goodness for RabbitOnline. Ask the questions and you get feedback and it helps you calm your fears that your bunny is just being a bunny.

Have fun. She's sounds like a sweet, hence the name Sweet Pea.

Hotmaildeal's suggestions is excellent. Start a blog about your bunny and people will follow the story. It's fun. I did it. And it's good to share your own experience with others. That's what this forum is all about.

Look forward to chatting about all our favorite subject....BUNNIES!

I'm avoiding buying a heavy ceramic bowl... If she somehow manages to lift it, she could risk hurting herself if she looses grip and it falls on her. Right now, she has a wide-based dish that is supposed to be "un-tippable", but she still knows how to flip it over. She's pretty clever; since her treat dish is the same style/color as her water dish, she found some way to stack them. I had no idea rabbits did that!

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.
Thanks for the help, Wabbit!

Latest posts

Back