New Rabbit, but not new to rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ResQBunny

Sierra
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Sierra I have had rabbits as long as I can remember and lost my last boy almost five years ago (can't believe it has been that long!)
My mother finally got herself a rabbit a few year ago, and since then has been ending up with foster rabbits (rabbits that people no longer wanted and offered to her or they were going to dump them)... Her last foster was a gorgeous male that made me fall in love all over again, I started thinking about "adopting" him, but at the last second let someone else. Then yesterday my mom mentioned a new bunny she had, one of the people she works with had gotten a divorce and the wife had left him with all of the pets, including a pregnant rabbit. My mom agreed to take her in and since she was already pregnant (my mom's bunny is not neutered ;-/) kept her in the same room as her male bunny (my mom has 6 dogs in her house, the "bunny room" is a no dog zone), well, the poor girl ended up having a miscarriage (gave birth to two dead bunnies) then sometime after (I need to get the vet records from her for more information) ended up pregnant again (from her male), my mom, though was worried that her house was to stressful (one of her dogs has seizures so it can get pretty loud and hectic) and since she knew I had been wanting a bunny she asked me (I jumped at the opportunity!)
At her old home, the bunny was kept in a small wire bottom cage (yuck), she was fed mainly pellets with fresh greens (no hay) and her nails were extremely long (trimmed at the vet). I'm not sure what kind of rabbit she is (Im guessing lion head mix??) But she's cute in a weird way, she's big (need to get the vet records to find out her weight!!!!), and she has a timid personality but has a serious curious streak, Im hoping she will warm up a bit in a more peaceful house!
Im going to try to get some more photos tomorrow (these are the ones my mom originally sent me)

Oh, and she doesn't have a name... need help with that!!!

bunny2.jpg

bunny5.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!

And thanks so much for adopting !
Poor baby for losing her babies.. awe :( Is she pregnant right now, too then??

She's cute!
I wish my Mom was like your mom.. instead I'm kind of like your mom and my mom thinks I'm crazy.. haha.

Anyways, again, welcome & hope to see you around!

She's huge, I just go an email back from my mom (we have conflicting times for work so we don't get to talk often).. she said the bunny (still unnamed!) went to the vet right after she lost the babies, the vet said that everything looked okay but to try to keep her calm for a while, my mom didn't have an extra no dog room to keep her in so she had to stay in the same room as the male bunny (not neutered :-( ) but the vet said move their cages across the room from each other, apparently, my younger sister (she didn't know that the bunny had lost babies so she thought letting the male have free range of the bedroom would be okay) let the male out and he jumped into the exercise pen/cage set up she was in, vet said she is prob preg (she didn't say how soon this happened after the miscarriage), Im setting up another vet appointment for next week to check and see if she is preg and go from there (but she does not do well in the car)
My mom didn't tell me her weight, lol, I reasked her that along with the questions on dates

Latest posts

Back