New pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
I sent a family member of mine to the pet store to buy me rabbit pellets.
Well I didn't specify which brand of pellets, so I now have a new bag of an generic brand of pellets and no receipt.
Will Nessa be okay if I introduce her to these new pellets? Or should I just go buy a new bag when I can?
(Kaytee is her current pellets)

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

The kaytee are timothy based which is appropriate for any rabbit, but especially for those over 6 months. The new brand is alfalfa-based and would only be appropriate for young bunnies. It looks like a cheap brand and I wouldn't use it.

Some rabbits have a hard time transitioning to a new pellet. The effort is only worth it if you are switching to a better food -- not for switching to a lesser quality food. Even if she isn't picky and likes it straight away, it could still cause digestive issues since those pellets will be far richer with all that alfalfa and oats. I would not advise it.

They may let you exchange it without a receipt if it is not opened. If they don't allow an exchange, I would personally throw it away before switching my rabbit to it.

Back