New Nic cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Ive been planing on building Bunbuns a 2 level Nic cage ive already estimated how many Nic panels ill need (31 panels) 3 by 2 by 2. For the second level im going to put down a couple of Nic panels so he can hop up on the second floor and sleep there or whatever he wants..

Questions

1. What kind of material can i use to put ontop of the second floor Nic panels?
2. Where can i get a vetbed? (not allowed to order online :()
3. where can i get a ramp so bunbuns can get from the first floor to the second?
4. Where can i get Nic cubes in bulk?

-April and Bunbuns

4. Where can i get Nic cubes in bulk?

I got my NIC cubes at target. One box had 23 grids in it. It was...20 bucks maybe? Something around there.

BunBuns, you can get the NIC cubes at Walmart, I bought coloured ones from Super Centre (Loblaws).

We used masonite, we got a sheet at Home Depot it was about $8.00 and they will cut it to any size you want.

For Wilbur & Jackie's cages we don't have anything for them to use to jump upto the second level. They just jump up to it. In Winston & Vegas's cage we have one of those purple igloos.

Susan
:)

Sounds great! I just love NIC cages! :)

For me, I used fleece, sheets, and towels for the second floor over the NIC panels. I put a couple layers of cloth down, and the bunnies have no problem jumping on it! You could also try zip tying coroplast, then putting cloth on top :).

I'm not sure where to get vet bed, I use fleece, towels, old shirts, and sheets for the bunnies, and they seem very happy with it!

I used two NIC grids as a ramp, although most bunnies can easily jump up to the second levels without a ramp :). For Poppy, I overlapped two grids to make a bit of a slope, but not too steep. Then I took a really thick bath mat, poked a couple holes through, and zip ties it to the NIC grids. Then I zip ties the top to the shelf to make a sturdy ramp.

Usually you buy NIC grids in a pack of 4 cube (17 I think?) or 8 cube (32 I think?). I haven't seen them for sale in bulk anywhere. I found the packages of them at Extra Foods & SuperStore and WalMart, among other places.

Good luck building the cage!

Back