New mom escapist

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hasenpfeffer

Reaction score
I have a bunny that just loves to run away! Every time my husband and I think we have Greta secured in her hutch, she finds a crazy way out and my neighbours come knocking on my door! I put all my bunnies in the garage for summer, so , after escaping the hutch, she somehow managed to get out the garage. The only two ways she could have done this would have been to flatten her little body completely or to have climbed out the chimney. She just had babies five days ago and seems more determined to run away than ever. She is a very loving bun and gets so much exercise, love and attention. Any suggestions to keep her better contained?

haha good luck is all I can say. I have a four year old brittania petite mix. for three years I have tried to keep her in all types of cages, pens, and enclosures. Without a camera to see how shes doing it, it's almost impossible. I know thats not what you want to hear but they are wiley creatures and can problem solve better than you and me put together. It usually takes a combination of a bunch of things. In the mean time make sure shes microchipped so she can be returned to you. Good luck. I finally just gave up but my bad rabbit is a house rabbit. Usually she just terrorizes the other animals and poops on my pillow.

Good to know it's not abnormal then. She has probably seen more of the neighbourhood than we have lol ! I just worry that she might get hurt or run over. She's a tiny one

I will have to do that next! We just noticed she was trying to nest INSIDE the furnace :( Good thing its summer! I am thinking of a space inside that might work better for her.

Back