NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! I've just joined, so here's tbe obligatory introduction message ;)

I've had rabbits as pets since I was six years old, but after my last one passed away about 6-7 years back, my mum wouldn't actually allow us to get another one; my parents have a golden retriver who used to think bunny was great - for chasing and eating >.<

So I've been bunnyless all this time.. until this Sunday. I've finally left the home nest and got my own apartment, and, naturally, one of the first things I did was call the animal shelter to see if they had any bunnies that needed adopting. Surprisingly (they deal mainly in dogs, cats and the occasional donkey and horse), they did! Queen Heather, Lady Bracken and Princess Thistle moved in with me (and my four hamsters and eight budgies) on Sunday. I forgot just how much fun bunnies are!

They've shown me how much they appreciate being here by doing plenty of binkies, running around like possessed creatures and basically just doing all that rabbity stuff that's so good to watch! :D They're not very tame yet, but we're getting there.

This is Queen Heather:
15.jpg

Lady Bracken:
Image005a.jpg

And Princess Thistle:
Image008a.jpg

Hey Hollie,:helloand:welcome1 to Rabbits Only!!

Are your three girls bonded? How old are they? Do you know how they ended up at the SPCA? That's awesome you took them in!

There's lots of information in the Resource Center, although you sound likea rabbit veteran. :)

Lady Bracken has a white nose like MagicApple'sadorable Mario -- who's probably a Maria, but that's another story.;) (There's a million of 'em on this board).

Glad you've joined us!

sas :)and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I don't know how they got there... all I was told is that Heather came first, then the other two followed later.

They are bonded, though little Thistle terrorizes the others :p She seems quite a bit younger than the other two, and is particularly fond of Heather, whereas Bracken is more of a loner. Thistle is always trying to get Heather to groom her and her favourite hobby is jumping over the top of her :p Heather just really isn't interested!

Hello =) I'm Stephanie I have 2 rabbits Blue and Cooter =) Blue is a dwarf rabbit but i'm not sure what Cooter.

blue.jpg

This is Blue, or as i call him baby blue.

cooter.jpg

This is Cooter =)

home.jpg

This is Blue and Cooter's homes.

I'd like to get them each a friend, since they can't live together.

Hi Stephanie! What cute bunnies!

IMO Cooter looks like a mini lop, maybe a holland lop. And Blue... is cute but is not a dwarf.;)

Are they neutered? I'm guessing they're both males. Sometimes you can bond males after they've been neutered, but not always.

Thats what i was told he was, but I guess you can't always take what they say at the pet store. Either way he's so cute. They didn't tell me what Blue was I'm guess male as well as Cooter. I'll have to give them more time to get to know each other. I was just afraid since Blue is so small I didn't want Cooter to hurt him.

Size doesn't matter when it comes to bunny friends, but you should have a good vet check their genders before you let them play together. They can mate as early as 12 weeks of age for the smaller breeds.:shock: It's best to get them spayed/neutered too, because once they hit puberty their hormones can make them very territorial towards each other. Not to mention the high percentage of females who get uterine cancer.:?

Hollie..I just love your three buns! How great of you to take them all in. Sounds like they are a lot of fun (and I love their names :))!

Stephanie..you should get them to a vet to see what gender they are. Even if they are both boys, you could still try to bond them after they are neutered. I know its not always successful, but I have two boys that I bonded and we're working on bringing in a third boy right now. It takes a lot of time and patience, but can be done (and would probably make your life easier in the long run taking care of 2, rather than 4, buns :)

Or, you never know, Pet stores are often wrong about these things (as I found out whenPetco told me I was buying a little girl who was really a boy!)Definitely have avet check themout. Love the pics...your rabbits are so beautiful!

-Haley

Hello everyone!!

I just joined yesterday! Ive already made a post but i thought id say hello anyways and introduce myself and my bunnie!

This is Chevy - shes a dutch/dwarf and shes just over 4 months old!

100_0632.jpg

100_0420.jpg

100_0443.jpg

100_0479.jpg

100_0583.jpg

100_0636.jpg

100_0612.jpg

100_0842.jpg

100_0790.jpg

100_0883.jpg

100_1125.jpg

100_0963.jpg

And if youd like to check out more pics of Chevy, i have a whole online photo album dedicated to her! You can check it out at http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/ChevyTheBunny/

Hi ---- I am Marye ---- I have 15 pet bunnies. I have dutch and mini rex....nothing over 4 pounds. I like small bunnies. I will post some pictures of my baby's when I learn how. I like to read anything I can find about rabbits. It helps me with my own. So I thought this would be a good place to find more about my little furry friends./themes/default/bunnydance.gif

Hi everyone, I'm new here! My name is Jessica, and I live up north in Michigan. My parents raised rabbits asa hobby from 1996-1991 (two years before I was born until I was three). In addition, my father is a veterinarian specializing in Small Animal Exotics (aka- he's very good with bunnies!). During that time and for many years after that, we had a house rabbit (Mini Lop) named Fiver. However, Fiver passed away when he was nine years old a few years back, and I've been bunny-less every since.

Not to worry, though! On July 22nd, I'm driving to pick outmy baby mini rex @ Two Rivers Rabbitry and bring him home. I'm really, really excited! He'll be a spoiled rotten house bunny, just like Fiver was, and hopefully he'll live as long! I wanted to rescue a bun from the HRS, but the closest Rescue is an eight hour round-trip from me, which is just tooo far.

I currently have a website, http://www.geocities.com/housebunsource/, the House Bunny Source, which is still slightly under construction and will feature my bunny very soon! He will have a blog as well ;) For now, I'm just enjoying looking around here and getting to know you all!

Hi there!

Im in Michigan as well, in the Flint area!

Im new here too and have found this to be an amazing site. Cant wait to see some pics of your new little guy. Did you check local shelters first or Petfinder for rabbits in need of a home? Thats always an option:)

Welcome!

Haley

Edited bc I just checked out your site..thats really great! I was going to suggest maybe putting up links to Petfinder and House Rabbit Society (if they're not there somewhere already) :)

To all you newbies!! Nice to see you here! Feel free to post as many questions or ideas as you can possibly think of, and feel free to roam around and read up on all the resources that Rabbit 101 and the rest of the site has to offer! This is a really amazing site, and does wonders for bunnies owners of all experience levels!! :D

Hugs!!!

Rosie and her babies

:bunnydance::bunnydance: Maisie and Flower (and the two kitties, Sunny & Hobbes)

(Hey, I just realized...there aren't any kitty icons over there! There's a dog, a duck, even a stork!! But no kitties?? Hmm...)

A warm welcome to Marye and Jessica! Make yourselves at home!

Matt:cool:

Hi Ya'll! I'm Barb. I just joined tonight. Found out about ya'll from your many members who have invaded the bunny chat over at HRS. LOL. We love having ya'll there. I have3 bunnies. Scooby, Scrappy, and Cujo. Scooby is a male, neutered, Californian/New Zealand cross, Scrappy is some sort of a mini mix (female), and Cujo is a dwarf (female).

Hey Barb, so glad you could join us! I've loved your pics, storiesand chat over at the HRS chatroom (sorry we've invaded the place). ;)

:welcome1to Rabbits Only! :hug1

Hope you like it here!

sas :)and the gang of fur :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

PS: Cujo looks so innocent in those shots!! :lol:

Yes, Pipp, I know she does. But looks can be oh so deceiving!! She is the Demon Bunny From Hell!!! (But she's my baby girl!!) Gotta love the bunny!

Thanks for the welcome. And we are really glad to have ya'll over there, too.

:bunnydance:~BARB~:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back