NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi my name is Kristin, and my husband and I just got our first bunny named Dusty. Dusty is my first pet ever and I am so glad I got him because he is the greatest first pet a girl could ever ask for. Dusty was donated to a local pet shop because his previous owner could no longer care for him. My husband and I currently rent a house so we regretfully could not bring his bunny pal home that was with him, but we were sure glad to have him. He is a lop, not sure what kind yet because the owner did not leave any information on him. We've had him for three weeks and he follows us everywhere we go. He gets so excited when we come home from work, and loves to sit on our laps and watch TV with us. I never pictured myself owning a rabbit because when I was little I only saw rabbits in cages in my friends' backyards. I didnt even know that you could have a house rabbit until I heard about Dusty and researched being a Bunny owner. So needless to say we were love at first sight, or shove of the chin for Dusty. Cant wait to see whats in store in our future. Ill try to get a pic up as soon as I can.

Hello!

My name is Karen and I have two lovely bunnies called Molly (5year old female mini lop) and Smokey (3year old male lion head). I love them very much and am looking forward to finding out more about rabbits.

Thank you so much for the welcome and encouragement!! It's nice to find a community where I can get so much help! :D

Tango wrote:
Hi Rosie!!

Welcome!!!

I'm May and i'm also a first timer!! my bunny is also only six weeks! you'll get loads of great advice here.. i was also pretty much clueless and it really helps to hear from those with experience!!! bunny's are the best thing ever!

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and my two rabbits. One week ago I got two Netherland Dwarf females. They are named Mocha and Sugar. So far they seem really happy and they are certainly very cute! Here are some pictures:

Mocha:
IMG_1969.jpg
Sugar:
IMG_1959.jpg

Them together (sorry this one is so big):
IMG_1962.jpg

And finally, here is the cage that is coming this week:
RabbitCage.jpg

They are sisters and get along very well. They love to run around the dining room table when they come out of their cage in the morning!

This week they are both getting fixed. I hope it goes okay! I am going to keep them on separate levels of the cage for a few days. After that they can be together again.

Welcome! You have very cute bunnies! I love Sugar's shiny silver coat, I've never seen anybun like here:D. Feel free to create a "bunny blog" full of pictures and stories about Mocha and Sugar in the "Bunny Blogs" section. Everyone at RO loves pictures!

Matt:cool:

Hi and welcome. :welcome

We canmerge this into the Introduction thread if you like, and then you can post photos and bunny stories in your own Bunny Blog.

Yes?

Hello. My name is Andrea and I am the proud Mama of a new bunny (Miffy). This is our first bunny and she (at least I think she is a "she") is such a joy to be around. I am not sure what breed or how old she is (any ideas?). I am so glad that I found this forum and I havelearned so much from reading it.

Andrea31 wrote:
Hello. My name is Andrea and I am the proud Mama of a new bunny (Miffy). This is our first bunny and she (at least I think she is a "she") is such a joy to be around. I am not sure what breed or how old she is (any ideas?). I am so glad that I found this forum and I havelearned so much from reading it.
Welcome! What a cute bunny. I could be wrong, but to me, your rabbit looks like a Netherland Dwarf. I have a netherland as well, named Rice. I also have another rabbit, that i think is a brittania petite named Beans.

Hi everybody! Welcome to RO!

Valleybelow, is that a Leith Petwerks cage? It looks really nice!

Andrea31, have you posted about your bunny in the Rabbitry forum yet? That's where we talk about breeds, showing, etc, and one of the breeders might have a better idea what breed Miffy is. She doesn't look like a dwarf to me, though.

Mskoala- Yay! Another Wisconsinite!:D Grace is so cute. Does she have the typical silly dutch personality? My dutch is such a goof!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

ValleyBelow: I love that cage!! I want! Its so huge but how do you clean it? Your bunnies are so gorgeous! I love the color of sugar!! Adorable!

Andread13: I love your bunny!! He is so small and I love white ones!! Very cute!!

mskoala: Your bunny is very cute! I love his black against white fur!! How adorable.

To all: Cant wait to see more pictures you post in the Bunny Blog Section!!

Hi! I just stumbled across this forum and thought I would stop in and say hello. I've been a rabbit fan since I was a girl. I raised Mini-Rex rabbits in 4-H. After that, I became active in Rabbit Rescue. I specialized in disabled rabbits. For a long time my home was dotted with unique buns with a missing eye or leg, every one of them a sad story to tell.
My once in a lifetime bunny was calamity, a big black just-a-bunny that wiggled into my heart and stayed there for ten long years. He was my first house bunny. He was litter trained and kept the cats and dog in line. There was never a doubt that he was in charge. I still miss him terribly.

After I lost Calamity, I was bunnyless for a long time. I recently took a job in Mexico and moved here with just my dog, Moxie, to start a new chapter in my life. The school where I work has a sustainable aggriculture program. We have hydroponic gardens and compost bins complete with earthworm farm. Rabbit droppings are excellent food for earthworms, so the decision was made to keep a couple of rabbits as a part of our sustainable farming project.

A "couple" soon became five, and I frequently find myself just laying on the ground in their enclosure, enjoying the presence of rabbits.

I have two boys, Amante (Lover) and Polvo (Dust) and three girls, Farrah, Tidbit, and Zamora (blackberry). They are absolutely a joy. The bucks and does are housed seperately, though I do plan to breed on a very small scale.

Here is the crew.
group.jpg

duo.jpg

trio.jpg

farrah.jpg

zamora.jpg

tidbits.jpg

lovebuns.jpg

zarzamora your rabbits are gorgeous!! I love your photos... Feel free to post more in the bunny blog section and let us all know how gorgeous your rabbits are and how nice you are!! I love the orange broken. I also have mini rexes and use to breed them but because of "things" I have stopped breeding and now I just own my own buck and a holland lop buck.

Back